1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THings for the ds

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by aaman4567, Jul 6, 2007.

1. aaman4567

aaman4567 Member

What are all the little card things you can get for the ds and what are the differences? thanks :) ( i mean like i see the r4, m3, ds-x, ninjapass x9, NDS MEDIA ADAPTORS, GBA MEDIA ADAPTORS, PASSCARTS and what not. So if you could explain to me all these things that would be very helpful and i would greatly appereciate it. THANK you in advance for those that post.

2. aaman4567

aaman4567 Member

oh yea and whats a "ds flasher" and passthrough devices...Whats the best in each category for NDS MEDIA ADAPTERS,and GBA MEDIA ADAPTERs. thanks again. THANKS AGAIN

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  3. aaman4567

aaman4567 Member

4. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

little note, this is a quick type up from the top of my head so may be quite hard to read

I'll do a quick list, but there's so many it won't be 100%

Slot-1 (DS Slot) cards:
    M3 DS Simply
    R4 DS
    EZFlash V
    G6 DS Real (8Gb)
    Supercard DS
    CycloDS
    DS-X (4Gb, 16Gb)

Slot-1 cards are the newest way of laoding homebrew/backups on the DS, they generally only need a microSD to work (the G6 and DS-X have their own memory) they can all play clean (unpatched) DS games and all can be used as NoPass devices to load slot-2 carts. They are not compatible with any GBA games or homebrew.

Slot-2 (GBA Slot) cards:
    M3 Perfect Range (CF, SD, MiniSD, Lite)
    M3 Pro Range (MiniSD, Lite)
    Supercard Range (CF, SD, MiniSD, Lite, Rumble)
    EZFlash IV (MiniSD, MicroSD)
    G6 Range (1G, 2G, 4G, Lite)

Slot-2 cards are the older devices, they can play GBA games (except the M3 Pro) and GBA homebrew, to play DSgaes you need a method of lopading the GBA cart in DS mode (Pass, NoPass or Firmware methods). Almost all slot-2 devices require a memory card of some form for storage (the G6 has onboard storage). DS games need to be patched to work.

Pass Devices (no longer used):
    PassMe
    PassMe2
    Passkey
    Passkey2
    Superpass
    Superpass2

Pass devices are the old way of loading slot-2 cards in DS mode, they required an original DS game to work, and later DS's blocked the first versions (hence the 2nd version of each device)

NoPass Devices:
    Passcard 3
    Superkey

NoPass devices are the newer method for loading slot-2 cards in DS mode, they are the same size as a DS game and do not need a real game to work (hence the NoPass name)

Firmware Replacements:
    FlashMe
    FWnitro

These are firmware replacements which add numerous benefits to the DS, FlashMe keeps the majority of the DS firmware (you can remove the health screen) but disables the RSA checking so you can load Download play games form anything, it also allows you to boot slot-2 cards in DS mdoe without a Pass or NoPass device.

FWNitro is a complete firmware replacement and adds numerous features, but may also lack some from the original firmware, it also is not compatible with the M3 DS SImply or R4DS.

5. aaman4567

aaman4567 Member

so if i wanted to play ds games, gba games and homebrew stuff what would i use? and I was wondering is it possible to get a n64 emulator to work on the ds? and like what would i need to run emulators on the ds like snes and stuff?

6. aaman4567

aaman4567 Member

oh and whats better the r4/m3 or the cyclods. (the m3 and r4 are exactly the same right just different labels?)(do i need a slot1 and slot2 device to run gba games also. if so what one would you recomend that would work with the m3/r4/cyclods lol ?)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  7. aaman4567

aaman4567 Member

bump, please help