1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thinking about getting one of those flip top lids...??

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by andymn, Dec 7, 2004.

1. andymn

andymn Guest

i am thinking about getting a flip top lid, am sick of the kids scratching discs and its now time to start backing up for that ever nearing rainy day......

but i don't want some goon putting a chip in it, i would rather fit a lid.......i have heard only good reports from fellow PS2 owners and saw one on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38615&item=8153154151&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW).....for a decent price......so far

ne thoughts??......as i am very tempted.....

cheers

2. Ten18

Ten18 Member

yes the fliptop is a good buy. it lets you trick the ps2 so you can play backup without a modchip.

3. andymn

andymn Guest

do you think the price on ebay is a good price???

4. okboz

okboz Regular member

Personally i think the price on ebay is too much, i got mine last week from a shop in the uk for £30 and it took 5 working days to arrive with the latest swap magic. Just backed up my first game and it worked first time. I highly reccomend thenm now. Will post the link if the rules allow, dont know if they do though

boz

5. andymn

andymn Guest

was that inc p+p?

6. okboz

okboz Regular member

yes, was only £30 but make sure you get the correct one for your ps2

7. Ten18

Ten18 Member

I think its a good price, your gettin the fliptop + swap magic. hes selling the new swap magic v3.3 disks which are better and they can be used with the new slim ps2 aswell. if they were the old ones it would be a *bump*

8. andymn

andymn Guest

cheers guys, i think i will get one off ebay, like u say they have the 3.3 discs which are better for reading the backups.............

i think i will get in touch with him and see if he has a buy now, as the auction still has a few days to run.......

9. lkailburn

lkailburn Member

i made my own flip top. did it for a friend to. cost o about zilch cuz i already had the supplies.

if you want to know more or see pics lemme know i'll be happy to share. i've got a post in here some where buried deep about when i first made it

-Luke