1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thinking of buying a 3DS not XL some questions...

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by xuit0n, Oct 2, 2012.

1. xuit0n

xuit0n Member

Ok so i'm using a acekard 2i for my ds lite. i'm told I can use this in a 3DS fine. However, I hear about this new firmware that blocks flash cards.

if I buy a 3ds not XL version from a shop or second hand. Am I right in thinking it will not have the latest firmware?

Thanks.

2. shalome

shalome Regular member

if you plan to use the card for the future 3DS or 3DS XL, i suggest you do not buy acekard 2i, yes, you may can get a older version firmware 3DS, but it will take a longer time for acekard 2i to release the update patch, which means you will need to wait a long time. during this timn you can not use the e shop, you can not play online, so i don't recommend acekard 2i unless they have released the update patch. currently you have three other choices can work on the latest 3DS firmware, r4i gold 3ds, ace3ds plus, supercart dstwo, i would suggest r4i gold 3ds: http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html