1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking of upgrading to 3.10 OE-A from 1.5 - Questions. . . . .

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by MrrGone, Mar 26, 2007.

1. MrrGone

MrrGone Member

I updated my 2.82 PSP to 3.03 and then used the downgrader to get it to 1.5. Within that downgrader, there is a note that says:

" there are some remnants of 3.03 left in flash. If you later try to re-upgrade to 3.03 and repeat the downgrade, things will break. At some later point, we will work on a cleaner that will remove these extra files. Until then, enjoy! (Don't worry, upgrading to 3.03 OE firmwares still works fine). "

I have two questions:

1) Would it also be safe to Upgrade to 3.10 OE-A? I don't want to brick my PSP.

2) Does anyone know if the statment above and my current PSP could affect the function of certain ISOs? I ask because I have two PSP's, on my old one I can use a backup of xmen and also Ultimate Alliance w/ no issues but on the one I used the 3.03 downgrader on, the thing skips and stutters during the intro and during gameplay? Really strange as it only happens w/ these two backups. I know the ISO itself is fine because it works on the other PSP, I've tried formatting different memory sticks but it only happens on the 3.03 downgraded PSP.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on here? My homebrew and other backed up ISO's I have created work fine. Ironically, the only reason I use the above ISOs is because the UMD lags too much. scratching my head. . . . TIA to anyone who can offer any answers/suggestions.

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

1. 8% Chance of brickage.

2. No.

3. MrrGone

MrrGone Member

Thanks for the reply. Forgive my newbiness, but would an 8% chance be good or bad odds? Or did you arbitrarily pick 8% to #*@K with me? :) Thanks.

4. MrrGone

MrrGone Member

Also, would 3.03 OEA be any less risky? Is the chance of bricking worse in my particular case or is it the same for any model/firmware? Thanks again, just trying to learn as much as I can.