1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

third party patent activation?????

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by staceyab, Apr 7, 2007.

1. staceyab

staceyab Member

while trying to make a movie on nero i keep getting a third party patent activation required thing popping up. it says "thank you for using nero. connecting to the internet is necessary to enable a one time activation. please connect to the internet now by clicking the download button and continue using your product without further interruption. if you are using a firewall please insure that nero's activation is allowed to pass your firewall...." when i click download, it says "patent activation failed. we could not establish a connection to the nero web server, blah, blah", you get the idea. i've checked my firewall and i'm obvioulsy connected to the internet. so what's going on. none of this started until i had to take my pc to the shop because windows wouldn't start, they said something about some sector in the hard drive and thought maybe it was just a one time thing. i'm obviously not a computer genius. i try to learn as i go, any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks so much

2. onya

onya Guest

3. staceyab

staceyab Member

i couldn't find my serial #. After much thought, here's what I think happened. It's been just about a month since I installed the trial version, even though i bought it the same day, I don't think I ever changed anything. Anyways, thank goodness for my lack of deleting email!!! I was able to find my serial # via the originial email. I uninstalled Nero and reinstalled using my #. The same thing popped up, but I was able to download this time. I'm burning a movie as we speak. Thanks so much. I have many more questions, sure I'll see you again soon. Thanks again!!!

4. onya

onya Guest

Good one Staceyab...now all you need to do is save it, and keep it somewhere safe thats off your pc. Good luck with your burning and stuff.