1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Christmas WILL BE SWEET!!!

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Quadratic, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

It's going to be awesome! With some money from my savings I'm going to get a new PC!And I found a 250 GB for my xbox for $125!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet huh?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

just out of curiosity, why do you need 250GB for your xbox? I'm a PS2 user, so please clarify for me the reason for needing so much space. Can you store entire games on it? If so, what stops you from renting games and copying them to the HD?

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Nothing my friend. I already rent games for like a buck and then take it back (after I've gotten the files of course)

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Nothing my friend. I already rent games for like a buck and then take it back (after I've gotten the files of course)

I was in Sam's Club and I saw a Western Digital 160 HDD for $170. I looked around and I saw a 250 HDD for $125. I almost fainted from disbelief. And yes,you can put full games on the Hdd. It's really sweet and you don't have to worry about scratching discs up or getting the right media or anything.

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I must admit that is a pretty nice feature over the PS2. I knew that it came with a HD, I just didn't know what specifically it was used for. That kind of suprises me a company like Microsoft would build a console like that which you can easily copy games to. Thanks for the info...

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well the space is basically to store gamesaves (at least that was the original purpose). With 8 gb, you would never have to purchase memory cards (unless you're going to a friend's house).

7. djscoop

djscoop Active member

those xbox games must need a lot of space for gamesaves. 8GB compared to 8MB for the PS2 memory cards.

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Meh, I don't think so. Gamesaves are no more than about 700k (at least each one)

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you do need a modchip to do it though. You can put a hd in your ps2 also, and put games on it. i got a 120gb in mine, and all you need is a $30 disc.

10. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah, I have seen the kits for the HDs for the PS2. But I already have a mod chip in mine, using the swap discs, so thats good enough for me right now. I'll save my $$ for the PS3.