1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Disc Cannot Be Copied with any program!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by pcshateme, Jan 23, 2004.

1. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i have copied several dvds before and i have just come across one that wont copy! I used dvd shrink and after it analyizes, it stops at like 33% and says "cylindrical redondency error" The disc is an origional, production dvd, in mint condition (no scuffs or scratches and plays fine in DVD player). I have also tried using DVD decrypter and it wont work either. all the files decrypt, EXCEPT VTS_01_3.VOB that file wont copy!!! someone help me soon and fast please. I'm not a newbie ive done this before, but nothing is working!!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What is the title of the disc? Others may have had success and give you tips as to what worked.

3. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

I have the 3 disc complete series of Outlaw Star (an anime) and the first 2 discs copied fine, the 3 is giving me problems.

4. Nephilim

Although I imagine you've tried it already, you may try ripping in another drive if possible.

Have you tried setting the read speed to something low like 1X or 2X in DVD Decrypter? It'll take forever to read but may do the trick.

Usually if Decrypter can't rip it it isn't going to be ripped. There's always the love of a challenge though!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Gigabyte 8INXP, Intel P4HT 3.06
    Mushkin 1024 MB PC2100
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium/LTD-166S
    M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    Browning Hi-Power[/small]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2004
  5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

SmartRipper hasnt been mentioned yet & is always worth a go if all else has failed.

;-)

6. andmerr

andmerr Guest

turf the disk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats sounds hard but you may find that you cant copy the disk.I have the the same problem on one of my disks and even though i got great help from the people om this site i still couldnt fix it.I tried every program but they failed at 55% of the read.The disk in question was brand new / no scratches and in mint condition.( just like yours)However i d/loaded a program called disk checker from here and it said the disk had a corrupt vob in the centre of the disk.
    With that info i bought a program called dvdx rescue which managed to copy the entire disk including the damaged vob to my hard drive.(this program is worth getting can read scratched disks and recover virtually all hard to get data.).
    But i couldnt get it off my hard drive dvdx rescue failed in that instance but if you have the time and the patience your best bet is to de multiplex the damaged vob and create a new one in its place.Then you should be able to burn your disk.

hope this helps, If you can get a message to a guy called jerry746 on this site he is more knowlegdeable than me ( got to give credit where credits due---not being sarcastic) he helped me

regards

andmerr

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey nephilim mine was back to the future trilogy
    DISC 1 AND 3 backed up perfectly but 2 was really difficult.Decrypter couldnt get passed it either .

8. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

you said it was real hard, does that mean it can be done?

ive heard of dvdx rescue, but is there any freeware or shareware programs that can do the job because it costs like $99

9. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

im going to buy a new DVD-Rom drive, currently, im using the DVD burner itself to rip and burn the movies. and maybe a faster or better DVD-rom drive can do it.- and if it doesnt i can always return it!

also i have tried messing with all the settings in dvd decrypter and it still wont do it
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]check out my site http://www.backupguides.vze.com for free software and illustrated guides on copying DVDs to DVD, to CD, and other copying stuff.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2004
  10. Nephilim

herbsman has a very good point. Dippy me didn't even think to mention it :)

When you get the DVD-ROM let us know how you get on. If you have the space in your PC, a ROM is a great thing to have - saves wear and tear on your burner.

11. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

but do you honestly think it will work with a different drive?

12. Nephilim

It's always possible another drive may read the disc but it's far from certain.

You've had previous success with your setup and you've tried all the good rippers available so I would venture to say it's just one of those discs that refuses to cooperate. Factory defect. I haven't run into one personally but have seen other people dealing with this on this site. They play fine but refuse to be ripped. Sorry I can't help you more :(

13. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i got this freeware program called "CD Check" and it fixes corrupt data on cds, so i figured it would fix corrupt dvd data as well, and guess what IT DID! it worked!!! it took like an hour and a half for the program to fix the file, but it worked!

14. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya pcshateme,

Can you [bold]post a link to the download[/bold] for this "CD CHECK" you used, it may be a useful thing to disseminate to others.

Cheers...

15. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

here's the webpage, its a nice free program, he requests you donate money, but its not required, as long as you are using the program for non profit purposes, he demands you donate $50 if you are going to use the program for profit

here it is
    http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/download.php

16. drchips

drchips Active member

Cheers...

17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Isnt the error more likely to be a cyclical Redundancy Check Error, rather than a "cylindrical redondency error" which i havent come across before? It generally is a problem with teh physical surface of the disc. Set DVD Decrypter to "File" mode and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "ALL files" (NOT "movie" files). Use DVD Shrink to "Open File" (then click on the "VIDEO_TS.IFO file) and then compress.

18. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

sorry, i forgot the exact words used in the error. (its what you said) i said that i tried messing with all the settings with dvd decrypter. I spent like 2 hours tring it with all the settings. (i do believe i said that, also i have been using dvd shrink for months i know how to use it ;) ) and i dont think it has anything to do with a scratch or scrape cause i dont see any, and i disc dr. it like 3 times to be sure.

19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It may not necessarily be anything physically wrong. In fact the error can occur and disappear the next time round. Its worth while noting that the laser on the player could have dirt on it, though this generally isnt associated with this kind of error.