1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this disk is dirty error??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by clipper41, Nov 7, 2007.

1. clipper41

clipper41 Guest

today i was playing a backed up copy of madden 08 and at the start of every game i get the this disk is dirty etc... error. ive never had a problem with this game before could it be the quality of dvd used?

its a memorex....

2. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

do not write on your discs unless with a cd/dvd marker, do not label in anyway your disc, if using memorex. Thats what I used to do and that gave me the best results... What kind of drive do you have???

3. clipper41

clipper41 Guest

thanks for the reply i did write on the disk with a sharpie

i have a hitachi 46

4. steimy

steimy Active member

a sharpie will in no way effect your disc and how it plays, only labels will as the slightly extra weight that the label causes makes the disc spin slightly different then it would without a label. It is more then likely the cheap Memorex media that your using that is causing you problems. If the laser has trouble reading them then you will get that error. You can copy the disc to a new one using Nero but if you still use Memorex it may give you a problem again after a short time of working.

5. momhoener

momhoener Regular member

however there is always the pot adjustment way out. Type in xbox 360 pot adjustment to google and make sure you do everything word for word. or else you will break your 360 drives laser which is like 20 bucks.

6. clipper41

clipper41 Guest

i dont know why this worked or how long it will last but i cleaned the disk with windex and i have not had a problem with it yet..