1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This DVD wil not backup, EVER!

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by jazzys, Feb 22, 2007.

1. jazzys

jazzys Member

Hi, my son has a DVD called Virtual soccer academy and whatever I try I just cannot get it to back up. I have tried DVD decrypter and Nero with DVD43 running.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

2. onya

onya Guest

The encryptions on the DVD, may not have been bypassed with DVD Decrypter. Another freeware app is DVD Fab Decrypter, this is supported software. Although AnyDVD(another decrypter and region removal tool) is shareware, it is worth the investment. Besides, they give a 21 day trial period, before a purchase is considered. What other software are you using to make your backups? There are other well known and free apps available.

Cheers.

3. jazzys

jazzys Member

Hi, I've just tried the DVD fabdecrypter and I got no joy.

I have had a 21 day trial period of AnyDVD but its now expired and it won't let me have another trial.

Thanks

4. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

You didn't say what kind of errors you were getting while trying to back up the disk. If they are CRC Read errors then it means your disk is scratched or damaged and most programs cannot get past that..Sorry.

Perhaps you can post your NERO log in the Nero Forum. There are some good people who know how to read them and offer advice...

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  5. jazzys

jazzys Member

Hi, basically all I'm getting from Nero is something along the lines of "error reading disk".

Is there a feature within nero that gives you a more detailed reason as to why it has failed?

Cheers

6. LABOY

LABOY Regular member

Run it through Decrypter again and watch the read rate. If it drops down to zero and Decrypter starts recording read errors and stops then you have a defective disk. From what you have alread described, it would appear to me that you have CRC Read Errors on your disk indicating scratches or a defective area on the original. Try cleaning the disk with a dry soft cloth or even apply toothpaste, rub in gently, rinse off and then dry with soft cloth.

In my experience with CRC Read Errors, I have not been able to overcome them except on occasion by cleaning the disc thoroughly.
    Maybe some other forum members have more insight than I.

To understand more about CRC errors, read this:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/124000

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007