1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Forum is dying!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by modsRus, Apr 29, 2004.

1. modsRus

modsRus Member

A year ago, this forum was the place to come to resolve problems, but so many got booted that the help you once could recieve is not so plentiful. It's more questions than answers cause it alot newbies. Moderators might want reconsider how quickly they boot someone.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

If people read the rules then the mods wouldn't even need to think about booting people.

3. modsRus

modsRus Member

Yeah but a formal warning then a suspension if repeated, then termination.

4. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

I'm a n00b myself (and proud) and I don't have a problem with the mod's here. When it comes down to it, if you don't like the mod's, don't post here. If the mod's are so "boot happy" as you say, the site will crash itself since nobody would post here. But for a site to be as successful as this, the mod's must be doing something right.

-EMAN

5. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

Look at the people that get booted, they're jerks and/or morons, why would you want them here in the first place?

6. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

If people read and follow the forum rules, they wouldn't be banned.
    So its not the modz fault, they are just doing their job keeping the forum under control.
    I congratulate all the Modz & Admins aswell as dRD how they keep this forum running smooth.

Regards
    CoZZa

7. billz

billz Active member

i see no promblems ethier more problem sloverthan problems

8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

the less problems... the better... :p the less noobs.. the EVEN better... ^_^ the less to be asked... the BEST better.. :D

i dont see this forum dyin or dead.... it cant die with 400 pages of threads... i dont see how can it die lol...

9. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

I thinks Noobs are good, they ask questions which broaden knowledge for the rest of us.

Without rules this forum wouldn't last a year, and not reading the rules calls for Arnie, termination and judgement day.

modsRus may have a point though, some of us are falling into the trap of:
    Flame now and ask questons later, we need to find some middle ground.

10. Badkarma

Badkarma Regular member

when do you advance from the noob label?

11. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

to change from Newbie to Junior Member you need 25 posts... See below

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/36932

Regards
    CoZZa

12. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

I currently have 114 posts and am still a junior member?

How often does user level get updated?
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]v1 PS2, Messiah 2 Pro, Pioneer 106, 4X DVD-R, RecordNow Max, Padus Disc Juggler, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2004
  13. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

The User levels are only updated once a month. So it could update in a day or another 30 days.....

Regards
    CoZZa

14. modsRus

modsRus Member

I know you have jerks and morons everywhere, but all I am saying is that a year ago there were a few guys around here that were very good at modding and whatever question or problem you posted you would get a bunch of responses, that were very helpful. I have posted problems this year and have not gotten even one response cause, you have so much newbies and they are looking for answers themselves. To me it seems you have more questions than answers.

All I am saying is they should be given a suspension for a month or something, and if they repeat then the boot.

15. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Newbie doesnt necessarly mean that they know nothing about computers and need help, it just means that they are new to the forum. A Newbie might know more about some of the topics than one of the Moderators.
    It depends on what question you have asked. Maybe before you were asking questions that people knew, and now they might not.
    Also if they dont read the rules, ban them, i agree with that. On most of the forum it has, read the forum rules before posting, so if they dont give it the time to read the rules, and post stupid questions, they shouldnt be allowed to post.

Regards
    CoZZa

16. Mattrage

Mattrage Regular member

The fact remains that your argument is still irrational. Those that are getting banned aren't the ones giving the answers; they are most often skipping over the forum rules and breaking them. If you don't see my point, feel free to give a few examples of truly helpful people being banned from this forum; even if there are such cases they would certainly have been given the benefit of the doubt. Great minds come and go on this forum, but the moderators, who are volunteering their time and effort to enforce the rules for the good of the forum, are certainly not to blame for what, if any, problems exist.

17. modsRus

modsRus Member

I know that newbie means new to forum, and this forum is mainly about people modding there PS2 for backups and imports. You can know alot about computing a little about PS2 modding. It's the experience in the field some people are offering. I am not an advocate for bending or breaking the rules, but you ever heard three "strikes out"? You have never done anything and appreciated a warning instead of full consequences? example -- speeding and instead of an officer giving you a fine he gives you warning. Speed signs are posted everywhere, but from time to time they take it easy on people and give a warning.
    Come on...

18. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I see no problems with the way things are now. The people that get booted from here are for the most part worthless as far as I can tell from the posts they were posting. I haven't replied to many threads lately due to there being very few new threads regarding new topics that have not been already answered in the past taking us all back to one of the rules here: use the search function.

19. Badkarma

Badkarma Regular member

how do you know how many post you have made?

20. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Click on the "My Account" tab at the top of the forum web page.