1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this girls going crazy... please help!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by dubstarr, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hmm, ok so after burning the dvdr, the dvdr cant be read by the burner? i have had this with some dvdr's before i think they were called Ridisc or Ridata with GO4 dye/code info...

been reading on your discs people have had problems... (firmware update to your pc drive may help the pc, not players though)

go get some different brand dvdrs! either TY or Ritek GO5, as i now think your discs are the fault not you or burning process...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  2. dubstarr

dubstarr Member

i guess i have no other choice... it sucks but i think your right. it's just weird that it burned a couple movies but that's all. and the fact that when i tried to burn the SAME movies that i had success with before, it crapped out on me. i called dell & samsung & as far as they're concerned there's no upgrade for my burner, the L532b. There is however an upgrade for the L532A, GO FIGURE!!!
    anyway thanks Rotary for ALL your help, sorry about the extreme waste of time!!! hahaa
    cheers!

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

not a waste of time for me at all, please cal back and let us know, we all needed to know all you do to make sure and iliminate everything to get you up and running, cover all the bases so to speak

also it not wierd i have had 50 packs of ritek go5 and say 10 out of 50 suck pants! but i have used 1000's to date...

have a good day, buy good media's

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  4. cousinkix

cousinkix Member

Nero and Roxio have had problems co-existing on hard drive for many years. The NTI product is much the same story.

Nero will not make bootleg copies of "Pirates of the Carribean" or HollyWood films unless you have stripped out all of the DRM copyright protection schemes from those video files. Watermark protection is even harder to get rid of too. It still might not even work with the newer versions of the Nero software, which is better at recognizing bootleg stuff.

Wanna burn copies of your video library? Better stick to using some of those smaller programs, which are less of an interest to the MPAA's secret police or the FBI...

5. dubstarr

dubstarr Member

um... that has nothing to do with it Kix.
    but yeah, i'll keep that in mind.
    thanks... i guess...

6. dubstarr

dubstarr Member

hey Rotary one more thing... since i obviously cant return these blanks, do u think they're still ok so store files & games on? as opposed to movies? Or does the burner just flat out not like them?
    you rock, thanks 4 all the help =]

7. griffoone

griffoone Guest

Have you resolved your problem yet?
    If not here is a simple guide:

First using DivX to DVD convert the file. (When you install DivX to DVD it will be auto configured for you so you do not need to change any settings) Once converted open Nero And select

Then click Add Title, It will then do a short process and when that is done click finish then next.
    Make sure that you burn at the lowest speed possible. It will take longer but the slower you burn it the better I.E Has more chance to add all needed files. That should be it

Troubleshooting: 1: Check to see if you can burn DVD-R, DVD+R Or better still Both

2: always burn into PAL Format (english) NTSF is an American Format and will not work in british DVD Players.

3. Make sure your burner is set to region 2 (Again English Settings)

3a: check if your recorder is enabled to copy.
    To Do this click Start, My computer, Right click your Drive, then select properties on the recodings tab make sure the enable cd/dvd recording on this drive

4:Download and install K-Lite mega codec pack

Failing that the disks could be damaged or your DVD recorder is getting to the Knackered stage (excuse My Langage) this all depends how long youve had it.

8. griffoone

griffoone Guest

oops missed out, (After) Open nero click copy multiple files to dvd in the backup section

9. dubstarr

dubstarr Member

hmmm... thanks Griff. i'll give it a shot, cant hurt right?
    the burner should be fine, its a dell inspiron 6000 & its not even 2 yrs old.
    one question, why burn in PAL format if i'm in the U.S? do u think region 2 would work?
    sorry, that was 2 questions =]

10. griffoone

griffoone Guest

sorry i didnt realise you were in the us. I only looked at what your problems were. I hope it works for you. Griffoone

11. dubstarr

dubstarr Member

it's all good... i'll try ur method w/ the codecs & such. anyone know if i can atleast use these discs to burn & store files & ISO's on? or will it just crap out on me like when i try to burn movies...?
    thank u all~!!

12. griffoone

griffoone Guest

Hi its me again the best thing to do is just try them if they dont work you will know then. Ive always used Ashampoo Burning Studio for burning Data and not had a problem yet, and Nero For my DVD's same again no probs. Let me know how you get on with it. Griffoone

13. dubstarr

dubstarr Member

thanks Griff!! i'm downloading some PC games in ISO format, so i'll let ya know if it works =]
    thanks for all the advise, u rock!!

14. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

You do know how what the proper folder structure is right? Not trying to talk down but just checking. Make sure the ifo, bup and vob files are burned inside of a VIDEO_TS folder which if your letting Nero burn it for you it should do it automatically.

An idea i had was to choose to write the DVD to your hard drive. Then try to play it using Nero Showtime or VLC Media Player.

15. dubstarr

dubstarr Member

yeah i made the VIDEO_TS folder & did everything how i was supposed to... and it would go thru the whole process & say "DVD SUCCESSFULLY BURNED" but wouldn't play in any of our DVD players. when i tried to burn to disc i would get an error message, if u look back at the postings in this thread, u can find my burn logs that failed. U could even look at the disc itself and see where the movie was burned on it... i dunno man, i'm fresh out of ideas & super frustrated!!

16. varnull

varnull Guest

Have you made an AUDIO_TS folder as well? It may be empty but a lot of dvd players look for it..

Anybody but me notice this??
    Code:
    [14:19:47] DVDEngine **********BEGIN: _VOBS - _M_analyze_cnv_input
    [14:19:47] DVDEngine ...Duration 100000000
    [14:19:47] DVDEngine ..._streamtime_frame_duration is 333667
    [14:19:47] DVDEngine ...Stream 0 is 'Video'
    [14:19:47] DVDEngine ...Stream 1 is 'System/Stream'
    [14:19:47] DVDEngine **********END: _VOBS - _M_analyze_cnv_input 
    closely followed by...

Code:
    [10:39:43] DVDEngine ERROR
    [10:39:43] DVDEngine cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
    [10:39:43] DVDEngine source: CNeVideoEncoder::GetNextAccessUnit
    [10:39:43] DVDEngine description: cannot get next video frame 
    Surely the second stream should be audio (ac3 or whatever)

Then we have what appears to be a broken video frame in a file.. that will screw things up as well.

Comments Rots?

17. dubstarr

dubstarr Member

EEEEEK! i dont even know what that means hahaha...
    and yes, i would add the audio folder, sometimes it was empty & sometimes it wasnt... the only movies that worked were Shrek 3 & Harry Potter, so its weird that it burned two movies & no more than that.
    AAAARRRGGGGG!!!

18. griffoone

griffoone Guest

Right looking through other forumns a lot of people have had this problem and alot of them have completely uninstalled Nero and deleted the folder, then reinstall with the latest version. Alternativly you could try this. Go to the Nero update centre and get the latest version of programs. (Updates are free).
    All you have to do is check your version numbers - open StartSmart and click on Nero (top left) to display them and then upgrade accordingly.

19. dubstarr

dubstarr Member

you know what i noticed??
    ... my D:/ drive, which is normally labled "TTSTcorp DVD +-RW TS-L532B", when i insert a blank DVD, it just says "CD drive D:/"... and when i open it it says Free Bytes = 0 & Total Size + 0, with the DVD in, shouldn't it say 4.3GB free?
    i dont think it's recognizing the DVD's... what the heck is the problem now?? sorry for all the questions, i thought i had this figured out, & i'm about to go nuts with all these problems popping up!

20. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hmm i always use a audio ts but never known anything init to date, but to be fair i use no menus only main movie...

those dvdr's seem like some i had once, they read when empty but once burnt the pc couldnt read them, i ditched them big time, hate stiuff like that happenning...

-----------

this latest disc you done that changes dvdrom to cd in my computer, will DVD Shrink load it up? try it !!!!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007