1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is frustrating (nero,dvd player)

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by camarof41, May 4, 2005.

1. camarof41

camarof41 Member

After wasting hours of burning DVD with nero it turned out not working...i wasted 2 disks already and alot of time but i dont have a clue qhy it wont play my DVDs

I have DVD+R disks,so i made movie with Nero,it converted it and burned it and etc. But my portable dvd player wont read it at all and other dvd player shows only menu and when i hit play it freezes after 3 seconds...
    I thought it wont read DVD+r at firts but i had other dvd-rip on my harddrive so i burned it and it plays flawlessly on my dvd player
    But i dont understand why it wont play my dvd when i do it from scratch from .avi file !!

2. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

perhaps you have not converted the .avi file into a dvd-compatible format? if you just burn an .avi file onto a dvd, most likely it will not play, even with the most universal players.

secondly, what dvd+r media are you using? if your stand alone dvd players are capable of playing dvd+r format with no past problems, i really think that your problem lies in the fact that dvd players will not play .avi format files, you need to convert into a dvd-compliant format.

hope that helps, i need more info on your setup to help you any further. have a good one and good luck~

3. LivnDGirl

LivnDGirl Regular member

Check your dvd player model(s) against this database for compatibility with various media formats.

One shot-in-the-dark comment: If you are burning at faster than 4x - DON'T ! Slow burn speeds make all the difference if the playback is "iffy".

Also a lot of problems can be traced back to poor media. I swear by Verbatims - but look at your burners web site and see what it "likes".

Need more info...as kivory666 stated.

4. camarof41

camarof41 Member

i dont think i burn it in avi format,because in nero i click on make dvd and i add files to make my own dvd,so it convert it first and then burns it
    I think my dvd plays dvd+r because it played it when i burned my riped dvd and it was in pal format too (i have memorex dvd+r 4.7gb...if it helps?)

i really dont understand why wont it play,it reads menus and i after movie is goin it just freezes after 2 sec

5. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

there is your problem, MEMOREX media, that is sub par at best~ may i suggest you trying some better quality media? say, Taiyo Yudens or Verbatims?

i think that this problem of yours is now media related now that you mentioned you use Memorex media. try some different media...and let us know if we can be further assistance to you~

good luck.

6. camarof41

camarof41 Member

i'll try to buy some new DVDs tomorow and try to get it working again

7. tricky25

tricky25 Member

i hv the same problem but the film freezes in places and jumps about 10 mins forwards i tryed diff media but still same problems pentuim4 2.6ghz used nero 6 vision express 3 any help also gratefull many thanks

8. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

u say u tried diff. media with same problems...what media have you tried? if you say you've tried quite a few different media, you might want to consider out of the brands you HAVE used...if they all are decent media manufacturers to begin with...

i hope that isn't confusing, but more information as to exactly WHICH media you have used thus far would give me a better idea as to how i can assist you further~

have a good one.