1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is how you make a good back up.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jake45, Jan 24, 2005.

1. jake45

jake45 Member

MY GUIDE TO A GOOD GAME COPY

Okay These are the steps to get a good burn of a PS2 game. Things needed dvd+r or dvd-r Writer and some good dvds such as Memorex(I might get better ones like Ritek, but These worked for me.) or whatever Media you use!

First: Open Alcohol 120%(Latest version as of Jan 25th 2005) Now pick "Image Making Wizard".
    The wizard should come up now follow these steps good!

1st: Choose you dvd burner.
    2nd:Choose read speed,Pick MAXx.
    3rd: Choose data Type, Scroll untill you find playstation 2.
    4th: Click next!...(Note one box should be checked only and it is the Read sub data check box which is automactily checked when you pick ps2 as data type.)

Sencond: You will then be given the option of were to save the image than Alcohol will create the image format, it should be mds and nothing else, select the destination that you want to save the image to. Now it will take at least 30 mins. to read the game. Now just watch tv or something. Now it has been done the file should of saved. Now click Finish.

Third: After Alcohol has created the image in your save directory reopen the application and select "Image Burning Wizard" Click "Browse" button and select the image file you just created. After that click “Next” and you will be given the burning options, Select your Dvd Burner and then select a low write speed, I would have to say 2x works great! (Never go Higher than 4x.)

Now you have got a good burn!!!

*I just found out that alchohal 120% cost!!! So now i use dvd Decypter it is much better! So all People use dvd decypter now instead of alchohal 120%. dvd decytpter is easy too no nedd for a guide!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  2. smoran2

smoran2 Member

do you have to have a modchip to play the game if you burn it this whay

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yes, there is no way to play a burnt game without a mod of some sort.

4. smoran2

smoran2 Member

some one told me that if my ps2 would not play a dvdr movie i would need a mod to play a backup game but my ps2 does play dvdr movies that i have made so do i need a mod or not i have no idea what to beleave becouse i have herd so many people say yes no yes no

5. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

listen to sly for christ's sake! The people who are saying that you don't have to have a modchip or Swap Magic are fusking morons. Sly has no such deficiency.

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

All ps2's will play backup movies without a mod

7. smoran2

smoran2 Member

ok thanks for the input i will have to see about a modchip i wish thay made a usb one for the v12 ps2 but i dont think thay do so i will have to find one that works for me so i dont have to opean the systeam
    thanks again if you have any leads on mods would you let me know thans again