1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THIS IS IT!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mthrfckrz, Jan 31, 2007.

1. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

i have the slimline ps2 and i had the sensors taped and everything worked well on the the SNES and cacked up CD PS2 Games.. but the DVD's didnt work. so i gave up and read that the slim ps2 is boobytrapped and that its what makes ur lens burn out.. well that happened to my othr ps and im just gonna order the DMS4 Lite SE so u think this will be better than that stupid Swap NOmagic 3.SUCK ?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, but get the DMS4 Pro SE if you are buying a DMS4 chip. More features. And a good mod chip is way better than Swap Magic. Nut have it installed by a pro and do not try it yourself.
    Matrix Infinity Green Dot and Crystal Chip V2.0 are two other good choices.

3. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

thank you for the reply.. so u suggest i get the pro then... i will go ahead and do that but what about the infinity green dot or crystal?... are these any better than the DMS4 Pro?... if so let me know so i can order it tonite!..i also saw that u have a summone laser fix?... what is that?..how do i get one if its a better laser for the ps2?... what is Toxic OS?... i heard something about them reflashing..

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Ok as far as chips go the three mentioned are the three best around.
    DMS4 Pro is my choice just because i own one and love it.
    Matrix Infinity Green Dot is also a great chip
    Crystal Chip V2.0 is also great.

The choice comes down to what you want. And many people will feed you all kinds of opinions on why they think one chip is better than the others. But here are the facts:
    1. Crystal chip is the only one that can auto patch your backup games for online play.
    2. DMS4 Pro is the only one i know with a built in cheat system like AR Max or Gameshark.
    3. Although the DMS4 Pro chip will pretty much do everything (other than the suto patching) that you need the team that supports it has pretty much faded away, so i doubt that there will be any new features added.
    4. the crystal chip and matrix teams are still supporting their chips at the moment so they MAY have updates in the future.
    5. DMS4 Pro & crystal chip have a download you can get that will run an external hard drive. not sure about the matrix chip.
    6. I think the crystal chip is the only chip that has IGR (in game reset). This is a nice feature as well. i have it on my xbox. what it means is that if you get and run games from a hard drive this feature will allow you to press a combo of button on the controller so that you can leave the game you are playing and return to the main menu and start another game without having to leave your seat.

I love my DMS4 Pro and have nothing bad to say about it. I do not play PS2 online so that was not a factor, i use my Xbox for online games. I got my slim PS2 put into an HD Combo case and had a 250GB internal hard drive installed (which the DMS4 Pro has built in software to run). running games from an internal hard drive is not only great, but will have faster load times.

The slimline model V12 needs a laser fix with any modchip, that is what the Summone Laser Fix is. Any good installer should be able to install one with the chip. If you do not have a V12 you should not need one. If you do not know what version you have look here:
    http://www.mod-chip.com/ps2version.htm

hopefully that helps in your decision. And if you are in the US then Teammodders.com would be a place i suggest you get your chip and have it installed. They did all my work in the past.

5. mthrfckrz

mthrfckrz Member

yo man i appreciate the help so much.. thank you and i ordered the crystal chip so i can play online!.. =D