1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is making me mad...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mattmanry, Sep 26, 2004.

1. mattmanry

mattmanry Member

OKAY i have downloaded about 6 movies (.avi files) that i want to burn to a DVD. I just need someone to take the time to tell me like step by step how to burn it to a DVD. I have a dvd burner. I don't know which software to get but im hoping whichever one will have a free trial so i can try it out before i buy it. Can someone suggest a software and PLEASE explain step by step or give me a link or something to burn AVIs to DVDs.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. mattmanry

mattmanry Member

i looked at that..it confused me..

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

The files have to be converted to DVD compliant files in order to burn them to disc. TMPGEnc is a good app for converting avi to mpeg, but it's not a one click app.

Also, since you have DL movies, there are different files for them. Are all yours avi? There's also bin/cue, Divx, etc. There are different apps for different files.

It's much easier to backup discs than to DL off the net and then burn to DVD.

Alcohhol 120 is a good and easy program to use for burning DL movies. There is a free trial version for 20 or 30 days to try it out. TMPGEnc also has a free trial :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2004