1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is my first time burning a vcd...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by needhelpg, Aug 23, 2004.

1. needhelpg

needhelpg Member

Im using TMPG to convert my movies. However though, im wondering, can i convert my movies to a higher quality instead of using the standard settings? IF i do that, can my dvd player read it still?

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

if you mean that in motion search precision you change it from normal to high/highest quality(which will increase the quality of the conversion considerable)then yes it will still work on your dvd player because increasing the search precision makes tmpgenc calculate motion, frame changes ect ect more accurately resulting in an overall better quality conversion, by changing this it will still be a standard compliant vcd so your dvd player wont have troubles with playback.

now if you mean increasing the quality with non-standard resolutions or with non-standard bitrates then your dvd player will probably have troubles with playback, just stick to the standard templates that tmpgenc provide you with and you shouldnt have any dramas

cheerz....goodluck

3. needhelpg

needhelpg Member

thanks alot, that helped alot

4. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

not a problem m8 ;)

5. shiroh

shiroh Guest

but its worth to give some non standard settings a try.
    i would use a custom Quantize matrix for better compresion.

if any of your settings gives a playback problem, use the standard. mine will playback aything, at a certain threshold that is.