1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is really starting to get annoying.. (making ps2 backups)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ICBINR123, Mar 13, 2004.

1. ICBINR123

ICBINR123 Member

Ive tried burning with Nero, and DVD decrypter. Ive tried DVD +R and DVD-R. And I cant seem to get any DVD games to run. I havent had a problem with the CD based games. But for DVD games I get up to a screen where it says I dont have a memory (when I do) and I click "proceed anyways" and then it freezes.

I've gone through alot of time and money trying to get these to work.

If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated :)

Thanks

2. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

what method are you using to boot your dvd backups? What brand media are you using? what games aren't loading?

3. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Also what version of PS2 do you have and what method are you using to boot them? Do you have a mod installed or are you swapping?

4. ICBINR123

ICBINR123 Member

Im using Memorex DVD-R media. I have a ver 6 PS2.
    Ive been using the slide card method with the swapping discs.
    Ive tried a few games Dark Cloud 2, NHL 2004 and amplitude and none of them work.

Thanks guys

5. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

I've had trouble with Memorex media in older PS2's in the past. Make sure you're burning at the slowest speed your burner/software supports. I strongly recommend burning at 1x if supported. Also try to get a few Verbatim blanks and see if they work. If you can burn a Verbatim disc at 1x and it still doesn't work, them it's likely your swap method but I don't know much about disc swapping since I use a mod chip.

6. ICBINR123

ICBINR123 Member

I've already tried burning it at 1X speed and it made it worse somehow.

Do only DVD -R work with ps2?

7. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Version 5 and up PS2's will read +R media. If you've tried burning at 1x then it's likely the quality/brand media you are using or your swap method. Again, try to find a couple Verbatim brand disc and see if burning them at 1x solves your problem.

8. ICBINR123

ICBINR123 Member

i'll give it a try then :) thanks

9. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

personally I recommend using Ritek g04 dvd-r's, I have backed up over 50 games and haven't had a single problem. As far as the particular games your using, you might also want to check http://www.swapmagicfix.com to see if there are any 'fixes' to get 'em to work because I know NHL 2004 won't work with just the swapmagic disc.

10. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

I would also recommend using the Ritek G04 DVD-R's and burning at 1X, I have also had luck with Piodata DVD-R's. Have you tried any back up DVD movies on the PS2?

11. liljoe

liljoe Guest

ICEMONKEY IM USING THE MEMOREX DVD-R TO BURN A GAME AND IT WONT WORK U HAD THE SAME PROBLEM? SO WHAT KIND OR MEDIA BRAND SHOULD I USE
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]compaq presaio 6000
    ps2 fliptop v4
    emprex dvd dual burner
    samsung cd burner
    nero
    dvd decrypter[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2004
  12. downie

downie Guest

i have a version 1 ps2 got it day it was released in europe. i just began backing up games. i use a swap disk and swipe card and i use orange bulk pack onley 70pence a disk and burn at 2x to -r never had a problem with about 20 games 1st time every time.

13. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

liljoe: I never had much luck with Memorex when I had a v4. Try Verbatims and see if you have better results. If they work, you'll know your swapping correctly and you can try other media.

14. ICBINR123

ICBINR123 Member

playing DVD backups on my ps2 has worked fine, its just the DVD based games that are giving me trouble.

Im following the Nero tutorials word for word, and still nothing, so im assuming its just the media im havin a hard time with.

Do they sell ritek DVD-R's in canada?

15. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

I don't know if they sell Ritek's in Canada. I normally purchase mine through http://www.meritline.com and they have some really decent prices. You can check and see if they ship to Canada. If they don't, just check around, they are a fairly popular brand.