1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Is The Best Way To Back Up With Menus...IMO

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by GoRaiders, Sep 14, 2004.

1. GoRaiders

GoRaiders Member

I have taken a lot of time cruising through forums all over the net, trying many, many different programs in search of the best way to process a DVD-9 to a DVD-5 with the following parameters:

1. I wanted to keep the menus (they usually aren’t that big)

2. I am obsessed with removing the FBI warnings / and the previews (You know the ones that don’t let you skip through, I can’t stand that!!)

3. When possible I wanted to have the option of keeping the extras

This IMO is the best way to get it done. First rip ALL files with DVD Decrypter (free), Second use CloneDVD2 (cheap) to easily strip out the FBI warnings and the previews. What I do is select the “DVD+RW DL” option in the final step of CloneDVD2. I then use the latest version of DVD Shrink to compress the output files from CloneDVD2 to a DVD-5. Lastly I burn the DVD folders with Nero. It’s a fairly cheap and very simple solution that produces very good quality. Give this formula a try and let me know what you think.

2. squizluke

squizluke Regular member

Why not just use dvd shrink on its own? if you want get rid of the warning just replace it with a still image or picture. I just cant see why you would want to use 3 programs when you do it whith one freeware program. This is just my opinion if anyone sees any holes in it tell us what you think.