1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is what i want to do, which do u suggest?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dsjason, Dec 8, 2004.

1. dsjason

dsjason Member

i want a playstation. im going to puchase an older version from ebay its like V5 or V7 i think. i want to be able to play online seeing as how i live alone and go to college. i would like to use the HD advance but will i have to have a mod chip? can i play online with swap magic + flip top box + backed up game on DVD-r disc. thanks and i know these questions are asked over and over and greatly appreciate the responses. thanks again

2. punx777

punx777 Regular member

okay, you can use hd advanced on an unmodded console, as long as its an original game that you use...
    if your thinking about using hd advanced look at this first http://www.ps2nfo.com/ps2hdd.html

you can play backups online with a fliptop and swap magic, but you need to patch the iso with this online fix
    http://www.ps2nfo.com/on-line.html

if i were you, i would not get swap magic disks, 80% either skip(most) require extra swapping with a disk that you download off the internet(about 1-5) or dont work at all.

you will soon be able to order a no solder mod chip that works with out swapping,, (dms4 e.z.i.) or you can do what i did, send the ps2 to norcalmods, and he will give you a top of the line chip and install and return shipping for only 100 dollars..... trust me, ITS WORTH EVERY PENNY, (there is no place i would feel safer sending my ps2 to)

but seriously, take it from a man who has tried several methods for backups.... swapmagic disks arent worth it...

hope i can be a help to you:D

3. dsjason

dsjason Member

i just bought a playstation on ebay for 125, its the GT3 editon. how long will it be till the new no solder chips come out and how much is it going to cost, b/c if its going to cost over 100 then ill just go with norcalmods. and also if i get a chip installed do they warranty it against it f ing up. so if i do get a chip i just burn my games as backups and then insert them and they will boot? also, im in college so $ is an object, would i be able to just us the hd advance disk to boot my games on my PS2 hard drive, b.c i dont want to play online except for NCAA 2005 and i have the original copy of it, and also wil li be able to use the original copy of a game to get online with the mods aformentioned. thanks for all you help.

4. punx777

punx777 Regular member

im pretty sure the no solder chips will cost around a hundred dollars...... they should be ready any time now i think? id pry just go with norcalmods

norcalmods has i think a 30 day warrenty.. but it shouldnt matter because he tests all his products fullout before sending them back... yes, just burn your game, put it in and it plays.

is your dvd burner a + r or -r burner? older ps2s may not play +4s but probably

yes hd advanced will work to boot ps2 games to hdd

orignal games and patched backups will play with a ps2 with a matrix infinity, dms4.... just fine because the chip shuts itself off after it boots.. happy modding!

hey could you send me the link so i can see the ps2? thanks

5. dsjason

dsjason Member