1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This MAY be a solution to xbox 360 problems

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by drklrd1, Dec 31, 2007.

1. drklrd1

drklrd1 Member

I have read a lot of frustrating posts regarding MS Xbox 360. I do NOT own this console as of yet BUT there MAY be a solution for some of you. If you are having problems within the warranty period of the console, this is my suggestions:
    1) Contact Microsoft (I know some of you have and it didn't help)
    2) Threaten MS with the News media. (They HATE NEGATIVE publicity.
    3) If you bought it with your charge card, contact that company (MC/VISA they WILL help.
    4) Contact CONSUMER LEGAL SERVICES. These units cost more than 250.00 so they SHOULD qualify under current LEMON LAWS (trust me, it's not just for cars, call and ask them)1-800-4 LEMONS
    You should get results before reaching number 4. But don't hesitate to call an attorney from CSL
    This is from experience with high dollar items from other Companies.
    I hope this helps some of you

2. NserUame

NserUame Regular member

Well threatening Microsoft with bad publicity really won't accomplish much...the media isn't going to stop the presses for an individuals complaint. Perhaps if you got a stack of letters from 10,000 people or so someone (most likely a blog) would pick up on the news.

Not every product is subject to the lemon law. Computers, RV's and boats do. However the xbox 360 is marketed as a media and gaming device, not a PC.

A lawyer would cost by far more than the $400 for a new console. If you absolutely must stick it to the man feel free to spend thousands of dollars to get your console replaced.

MS is taking care of the 3RL problem, any console within three years of it's manufacturing date is covered regardless if you've filled out a warranty card. I'm not defending there sub-par manufacturing but they are doing by far more than they are legally obligated to.

3. AnyName99

AnyName99 Guest

Thank you Johnny Cochran (RIP), but it won't work. What if the 360 doesn't fit, the jury must acquit???

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2008
  4. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

now thats funny

5. AnyName99

AnyName99 Guest

This guy is exactly right, listen to him, drklrd1. I suggest you buy a PS3 and uninstall Windows (use Linux) since you have so much pent up anger toward M$, drklrd1.

6. Sazaziel

Sazaziel Member

Took the words right outta my mouth!

7. oosel

oosel Regular member

[/quote]AnyName99

This guy is exactly right, listen to him, drklrd1. I suggest you buy a PS3 and uninstall Windows (use Linux) since you have so much pent up anger toward M$, drklrd1.[/quote]

I dont see where drklrd1 was showing anger towards microshaft. He just posted a strange suggestion lol. no need to jump all over him saying he should uninstall windows LMAO.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  8. AnyName99

AnyName99 Guest

AnyName99

This guy is exactly right, listen to him, drklrd1. I suggest you buy a PS3 and uninstall Windows (use Linux) since you have so much pent up anger toward M$, drklrd1.[/quote]

I dont see where drklrd1 was showing anger towards microshaft. He just posted a strange suggestion lol. no need to jusm all over him saying he uninstall windows LMAO.[/quote]

LOL no anger toward M$???...he only wanted to seek legal action, dispute the payment to them, and threaten them through the news media, lol...I hate to see what you consider "anger" if that isn't!! All in fun, no worries. Not talking about him, but I find people who are so anti-Microsoft and Bill Gates and yet still use his products kinda hypocritical. Not taking up for him, but he sure does a lot of good charity work with all that money. Too bad he didn't set some aside to fix the RROD!!

9. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

AnyName99, watch it with the attitude. drklrd1 was just giving a suggestion & thats all it was but a suggestion. whether a member takes that suggestion is upto that member & nobody else.

10. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

I dont see where drklrd1 was showing anger towards microshaft. He just posted a strange suggestion lol. no need to jusm all over him saying he uninstall windows LMAO.[/quote]

LOL no anger toward M$???...he only wanted to seek legal action, dispute the payment to them, and threaten them through the news media, lol...I hate to see what you consider "anger" if that isn't!! All in fun, no worries. Not talking about him, but I find people who are so anti-Microsoft and Bill Gates and yet still use his products kinda hypocritical. Not taking up for him, but he sure does a lot of good charity work with all that money. Too bad he didn't set some aside to fix the RROD!![/quote]

what did this guy say to get suspended?????????
    was it from a different post? because i didnt see anything out of bounds.

11. ModsRGay0

ModsRGay0 Guest

removed

12. ModsRGay0

ModsRGay0 Guest

removed

13. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

never mind.