1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This may sound stupid

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Synth05, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Synth05

Synth05 Guest

Could having not efficent ram cause your drives to go at slow speeds. Like for ripping and burning. I have a p4 2.8 ghz which is good im my opnion, and only 256 mb of ram. 8x16x8 dvd/burner.

2. Woz

Woz Regular member

What operating system are you using? If its Windows XP you should have at least 300mb ram just for running it effeciently! You might as well upgrade to 512mb or even more for how cheap it is. You wont regret it and you will have a smoother running PC.

Woz

3. Synth05

Synth05 Guest

Hmm windows xp sp2. yeah like sometimes i get up to a steady 13,000 kb/s now not even getting up too 3,000 its a 16x reader. And yes i'm planning on upgrading my ram to a gigabyte. Should there be a difference 256 to 1 gig'? i think.

4. fez1122

fez1122 Member

I have a 256 mb ram card and I find backing up a full dvd only takes 30 min. Ur drives may be on a certain setting that causes them to run slower and i'll look into it.

5. Synth05

Synth05 Guest

Nope i know alot of stuff. About dma, backround processes, msconfiger. I burn fine though.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2005
  6. bardie

bardie Regular member

I have [bold]synth05[/bold] what you have but I have 1 gig of RAM, and it rips through whatever in no time at all, dunno if it's the RAM or not but it's fast!!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  7. Synth05

Synth05 Guest

Yeah sounds interesting while its going to help me alot on the pc games too, so overall i think its going to go alot faster.