1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This might be FUN....

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by imfrikken, Jun 10, 2004.

1. imfrikken

imfrikken Member

ok.... i have a copy of the wizard of oz on DVD, i was wondering if it were possible at all to add an extra audio stream to the movie, to say instead of getting the normal audio and dialog.... to say have it play pink floyd's dark side of the moon? i have intermediate dvd burning and backing up knowledge....

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You could try ripping it with Shrink, just uncheck all the audio boxes to remove the sound track. Then open it in NeroVision Express 2, "Make a new movie". Once that is done, browse for your Pink Floyd tracks and add them as well.

Edit:

I spent about 20 minutes to take a clip from "Master and Commander", the storm scene, and added Van Halen "Unchained" to it. Fun Stuff.
    One note though, Even after removing the audio in Shrink I still had to set the volume on the video clip to 0. The clip still had audio on it. Once that was done. I had my music video.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2004
  3. imfrikken

imfrikken Member

hey i might just have to give that a shot.... that sound like it would work..... one more question... is it possible to have the regular audio track, and as a second audio track add the music?

Luke

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

When I tested this I ended up with the music on top of the original track, you could hear it in the background. There is a control in NVE that lets you set the level. If I remember correctly it was defaulted to 50%.

Let me know how this goes for you. Have you done this sort of thing before? Do you use NeroVision Express?

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

[bold]Follow the yellow brick road[/bold]

Sorry couldn't resist that, that did not help I guess.......so please ignore me............

6. imfrikken

imfrikken Member

so how about removing like the spanish audio track completely, and replacing that with the music.....so if wanted you COULD actually watch the movie normally. =) BAABAA didja say that with a lil helium?

7. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I did it for a friend by ripping with DVD Decrypter with the demux option so I had an elementary video stream and then used Steinberg Wavelab to rip the CD to a single wave file. Using AviSynth, I added the wave to the video so I could find the correct amount of delay and then saved the corrected wave with VirtualDubMod. Then I authored with Rejig.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life
    Backup A DVD With DVD Rebuilder & CCE Basic: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd_rebuilder_tutorial.cfm[/small]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2004