1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This place has the rudest people!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ethftp, Apr 22, 2004.

1. ethftp

ethftp Member

I have been coming here for quite a while of and on.i usually dont have to post becuase i can find what i need fast and everythings great.
    But i do have to say this has got to be the worlds rudest message board ive ever seen.If anyone has a dumb question you guys all accuse them of downloading copyrighted material.also not just accuse but rudely accuse.How do you know what they did and is it any of YOUR business.This site was made to help people with burning data properly on too discs and I think all you jerks making accusations take away from what this place is supposed to be.
    How bout trying to help the person for a change instead of flaming them or accusing them of stealing.

btw you mods do a great job keep up the good work
    Ethan

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

My experience has been the exact opposite. I have found most of the people here helpful and have talked with a few on the AfterDawn irc channel as well.

I have only ever said anything about copyrighted material when it was obvious from the context of the message that the person was not backing up their own content. Things like "What do I use to burn this cue/bin file?" or "How do I unrar <insert copyrighted title here>?. Obviously they did not create this file themselves or they would know what program to use. Many messages just come right out and say I downloaded this and need help. I agree there is no need to be rude about it if you reply, simply inform them of the posting rules.

AfterDawn members will help you to create backups of your legitimate content but can't help you with questionable material. Possibly you scratched your disk and just downloaded something that you legally purchased to try to get it working again, but even that is grey area. In this forum there is no way to tell if that is the case or not so the moderators have said no discussion of downloaded material.

3. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Before this becomes a flame war Xian is correct. Please understand this, if we allow the discussion of downloaded games here; aD can be shut down even if the party is being "vague". 99% of the time it is really obvious what the persons real intent is and that is why regulars besides mods help out to make sure aD stays clean.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Please Search before posting http://forums.afterdawn.com/search . Here is my PS2 Tutorial http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105[/small]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2004
  4. ethftp

ethftp Member

I totally agree with you guys with the protection for the site.you cant allow that to be happening.I guess its more of the fact that everytime someone makes an image wrong or is just lame about how they do thier imaging with ps2 ie:ps2 backups mostly are just 1:1 dvd copies.but then you get the guy whos a moron and makes it into an iso and cant get it to work.instead of them telling them to unpack the image and remake itinto a dvd or to recopy it the correct way.i saw everyone jumping on a bandwagon acussing these people of piracy.maybe its just that that trend of imaging seems questionable.
    Ethan

5. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Afterdawn has become home for a lot of us and I know a few of us will protect it ruthlessly and without remorse.

Answer is simple:
    Read the rules before posting. If someone is inconsiderate enough to not bother reading the rules, they are in fact insulting every member and quest of afterdawn.

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

reading the rules makes it more simple but sadly not everyone who come here reads them... sometimes its just the oposit... lets say someone dl a game n came here.. he ask for help someone tells him read rules no warez... but the guy just keeps asking and then flames all who said read rules... im not saying that people aint rude to people who came and ask... its just the rules should be forced to newbies here insted of just.. saying read rules.... btw no one here said just jumps and says the person dl the game... its the way people post about help... some might the wrong idea... but 90% of that kind of posts usualy is warez cuz that person actauly dl it and dont know what to do with it... a simple answer for this is if you dont know what to do with the files... delete them and make your own backup...