1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"This player is incompatible with the region marking of this disc"

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by twoonetwo, Jul 25, 2002.

1. twoonetwo

twoonetwo Member

I've have been getting this message with all the next generation DVD's. I've copied all the files from the DVD to my HD with DVD Decrypter and didn't edit a thing. This file was NOT EDITED and still gives me this error message when i open with IfoEdit. I then read the VIDEO_TS.IFO file straight off the DVD and it works. Even PowerDVD won't play off the HD but will of the disc. The '.IFO' files are exactly idenical from that of the DVD. So far I've seen this with 'orange county' and 'jimmy neutron'. Has anyone else experienced or better yet hacked this protection?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2002
  2. gt_wreck

gt_wreck Member

I have copied Orange County fine with clad dvd to my hard drive> try it.

3. twoonetwo

twoonetwo Member

Thanks for the effort gt_wreck, but i just tryed it and still gives me the same error. Anything else i should try?

4. ArkiMage

ArkiMage Member

Same problem here with SmartRipper. Get IFOEDIT and set the files to your region. What works best for me is to answer no to IFOEDIT's question about also writing over the .BUP file.

5. goodfella

goodfella Member

I got the same error with Shallow Hal!
    I couldn't verify the .ifo files by using the play DVD button! I burned the files to a DVD+RW and Bingo it played without any problems. I then burned to a DVD+R and everything works great! It even plays in my PS2! I also did John Q last night, but strpped all of the audio options except DTS 6 channel. After I did that it would fit onto a 4.7 DVD+R.
    Goodfella

6. dalboy

dalboy Member