1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This saved me from wasting a disk

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by InsiteV11, Jul 22, 2003.

1. InsiteV11

InsiteV11 Guest

I just used this program Webadviso DriveWatch when I was burning a disk with Nero. The program notify me of a low disk space problem when cache is used and I was also downloading files.

The program automatically free up space for me. It give me time to do more freeing up space as well. The program saved my butt and me from wasting a disk and prevented potential crashes to due lack of space for cache.

Its at download.com
    http://download.com.com/3000-2248-10199732.html?tag=lst-0-1

I thought every one could use it to help them.
    Here's the article I read about that got me interested

http://www.geocities.com/stylingprogramo

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

You shouldnt run any other progs whilst burning ... could always lead to error on burnt disk

Thought everbody knew that

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I did a test when compressing a DVD Movie. The more free RAM/processing the computer was able to use for the compression, the less chance of pixelation occuring. I tested it four times and each time it was decisive. However, i can happily run IE in one window without too much difficulty. It helps to have a p4 2.53GHz processor and 768MB DDRAM though.

4. bigsheep

bigsheep Member

I regularly burn a dvd+r, whilst compressing another one with dvd2one and run outlook plus explorer too, no problem!

Got a ATA133 RAID 0 stripe and XP2200+ with 512mb.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Be careful though, pixelations can occur if the disc compression is disrupted too much. I have a higher spec system that you and i dont like to risk it.