1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'This video cannot be played'

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by matty1009, Jan 15, 2006.

1. matty1009

matty1009 Member

After copying an MP4 video file to the appropriate folder on my PSP, and renaming M4Vxxxxx (where x = 0-9), it still fails to play, as the PSP gives the error message 'this video cannot be played'. I have seen that this is a quite common problem, but as yet have found no solution. Has anyone got any ideas?
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. reader34

reader34 Regular member

have u tried using psp video express
  4. s3a

s3a Guest

I got the same problem and plus I did not do it all manually, I used a program called PSP video converter and yet still it gives that message...

My files are on mp4, I put it on the right folder as matty1009 said, and in other words have the same problem as him...

Someone else told me that no hack is needed for it to play on firmware version 2.50 (or any other firmware for that matter) so what seems to be the problem? I mean, the psp does see it but cannot play it!..
  5. BaBaya

BaBaya Regular member

I also have a this problem.
  6. s3a

s3a Guest

So, from what I see it is a common problem...I myself will try all methods I know of and if I get it right then I will post to you guys how I fixed my problem...

P.S.
    Can you guys do the same?
  7. skrabbins

skrabbins Member

Have you tried using the official sony converter? Maybe it's a 2.5 thing. I was using

http://cs.ulm.edu/~jself/jmenc/

freeware to make mine and they work fine, but I have 1.50
  8. PieceFull

PieceFull Regular member

Where did you get this MP4 file? it might be too big for the PSPscreen size, if it is youll need to encode it again using an encoder made for psp (it will encode in 320X240 or 368X208)

If it has already been encoded make sure your not encoding higher then 768kbps
  9. Joeva

Joeva Regular member

10. s3a

s3a Guest

buy winavi mp4 converter.....it works on my 2.5 psp...I tested it so it is approved by me....note before you buy that try pspvideo 9 if you like but note as well that u need dvd decrypter to decrypt in a special way for more information pm me...
  11. Sudds

Sudds Regular member

Downloading any MP4 file from the net and thinking it will work on the PSP is wrong. PSP movies have special headers and need to be encoded with these in order to work. Any AVC file (that is encoded with a resolution and bitrate that a PSP can play) can be changed to suit the PSP by using ATOMCHANGER.
  12. valeron19

valeron19 Guest

im having the same problem here.well, the movie played ok at first, but, at a random time, it shows something like purple/etc color on the screen and then shows "video cannot be played"....i try fast forward everytime it occurs and it works....but it still annoyed me when i have to skipped all the best part of the movie....anyone know the solution?....help me please....psp running on v1.5, using pspvideo9....
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2006
  13. Sudds

Sudds Regular member