1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thor and dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by diegoiravedra, Sep 10, 2011.

1. diegoiravedra

diegoiravedra Member

Need some help with dvd shrink and Thor.Cant burn Thor with dvd shrink.Theres a error message when i try to burn it.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.

3. pochie

pochie Member

DVDFab 8.1.1.9 Qt Beta (September 12, 2011)work good

4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

5. royalaser

royalaser Member

AnyDvD 6.8.5.12 beta worked for me

Couldn't get DVDFab 8.1.1.9 Qt Beta to work,
    it shows multiple copies of the film
    you have to know which one to pick

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@endo

good info on DVDFab 8119QBeta worked fine and mine only showed main movie because that's all I backed up. Now I know why I keep paying for this program. AnyDVD didn't work this time.

Didn't have AnyDVD 68512Beta at the time.Will try it.

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

9. augerpro

augerpro Member

I just found a weird issue with Thor too. Using newest DVDFab in Full Movie it first showed up as 33GB. Switching to Main Movie and selecting just title 2 it showed something more reasonable, 4GB or so. Ripped and opened the folder with DVDshrink. I have my custom size set to 4992 MB and the movie was smaller so really I did not need to use shrink but out of force of habit (almost always rip full movie) I used Reauthor to shrink just the main movie. Shrink showed the new movie as being 4992 MB and during the encode shrink would run out of memory and fail. Watching task manager shrink was just using more and mroe memory until it hit about 1.7GB and would fail. Using Full Movie option shrink worked fine.

Granted it ended up I didn't have to use shrink since I ripped just the main movie and it was smaller than my setting of 4994MB, but I'm curious what happened so in the future it doesn't happen with a movie I need to process with shrink.

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I don't know what kind of dvds you're using but biggest size of a SL DVD is about 4459MB and movie only for Thor using Fab to process the files(shrink) them yielded a compression of 73%- movie only. I had no issues with Fab opening the disc(no33GB issue) Juts remember you can't fit 4994 MB on a dvd sl. 4.9GB does not NOT equal 4994MB. Try using Fab to do your shrinking and writing automatically with image burn. That's what I used. I also did a DL dvd full disc with latest AnyDVD and ImgBurn to rip file and to write it Verbatim 2.4X MIS.

11. augerpro

augerpro Member

I'm using DVDFab to rip and DVDShrink to shrink and edit. I use 4992 now because I'm not burning these to disc, just keeping on the hard drive of my HTPC, and 5GB seemed a good round number to limit movie sizes too to preserve space.

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I see what you're doing. I would uninstall and reinstall a newdownload of Fab. This might fix the problem. Why compress the movie at all since it's staying on HDD.

13. augerpro

augerpro Member

The error happens in DVDShrink, not DVDFab, or do you think there is something wrong with the rip that you suspect DVDFab?

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

do you get same error if you process it with Fab. Is it just Thor that is not working with Shrink? Thor was full of encryptions. Fab could have missed something. But if it works with all other movies(using Shrink) then Fab is ok including ripper portion. i would try to migrate to a newer compression program-Fab-Recode(Nero)-CloneDVD.

15. maddog920

maddog920 Member

I have a similar problem..i made it title 24 because that's the title that comes up when you watch the real dvd. I backed up on my HDD but when i run it through DVD Shrink or Nero Recode, there is a problem.

16. KUNJUMYLA

KUNJUMYLA Member

With ANYDVD 6860 running in the background open the dvd with CLONE DVD2. It will copy the correct title. The RIPPED copy will work with DVDSHRINK