1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those 'Demo' moments

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Arthur.S, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Arthur.S

Arthur.S Guest

Hi all,
    I've got a pretty good home cinema set up. (www.baldyplex.com). What I'd like to do is put all of my 'demo' moments - child that I am - on to one DVD.
    I have Ulead media studio pro. DVD workshop, DVDshrink, & Nero express. Ideas appreciated.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Demo moments? Please explain.

3. malum

malum Regular member

You can chop the bits you want out with DVD shrink.
    Then you can join these assorted VOBs with VOBedit, then you can create IFO's for them with IFOedit.

However it's not as straightforward as it sounds.
    They all have to be the same screen ratio and output (eg PAL or NTSC) and sound AC3 5:1or DTS not a mixture. You'd probably want to strip out any extra soundtracks and subs from the VOBs to avoid complex issues when merging them.
    You might want a menu in which case you'd have to author one.

After all that it might not work quite how you want it to anyway.

4. Arthur.S

Arthur.S Guest

Discmania. Demo moments = Parts of a film that show off
    the system. Favourites like; T-Rex attack, Jurassic Park. The take off, Apollo 13. The beach assault, Saving Private Ryan....etc...etc. I also have some music DVD's that I'd like to compile a 'best of' from.

Malum,
    Sounds a wee bit complicated. I know my way around DVD Shrink, but Vobedit & IFOedit are new to me. The picture/sound mix shouldn't be a problem. I can always create say a DTS NTSC demo, & a DD PAL demo separately.

5. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member