1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Those with "check connection errors" when updating Wiikey...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by johnb1987, Nov 2, 2007.

  1. johnb1987

    johnb1987 Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2007
    Messages:
    44
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    I have a 3.0U NTSC Wii. When trying to create a GCOS multidisc, with the 1.9b update and the 1.3 config disc, I would recieve the "check connections" error when attempting to update to 1.9b. I read about every forum I could find and tried the "eject trick test" - which does absolutely nothing by the way. I read that it meant I had a "clone", that I didn't solder something correctly, blah, blah, blah.

    I only went the GCOS route because I had read that the 3.0U Wii firmware made it impossible to read the config disc and the update disc so I would have to use the GCOS and a multidisc creator tool. This turned out to be false.

    Simply create the 1.9b update iso (using filechop, command prompt, etc.), and burn the iso straight to a disc, DO NOT USE GCOS. I popped in the disc and it updated to 1.9b with zero problems. I then created a disc with the 1.9g (galaxy fix) the same way, again no problem. So people having this problem, try this method, it worked for me.
     
  2. cchen326

    cchen326 Member

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2007
    Messages:
    9
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    Mine fails the 1.9b update also
     
  3. deeku5

    deeku5 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2007
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    11
    thanks it fixed my connection problem. at first i tried to filechop 1.9g and config1.3,use multidisc creator to put the two on one disc, change region override ON and then run 1.9g from GCOS but i just got the connection error (and the eject trick didn´t update anything) so i thought my wiikey either wasn´t a wiikey or it was a fake one. but downloading the 40mb 1.9g patch again from the wiikey site, using filechop on it to make it gamecube size and burning it solo on verbatim 8x worked like a charm. and now my SMG works great


    Oh yeah PAL wii, ran the update from SMG to 3.0E before updating to 1.9g and DID NOT use multidisc creator or the 1.3 config discs gcos.
     
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2007

Share This Page