1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought I Could Figure This Out :-(

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by Moronic, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Moronic

Moronic Member

G'day Guys - Well after a fair amount of fannying around and also chewing up disks left right and centre I have decided to ask the question!!

So - I have various .AVI files I wish to burn to either DVD or VCD.

I have installed -
    Power ISO
    Nero 7,5,9,0

At the moment, If I want to burn a DVD I have to do this through Nero.
    Which works, however it takes almost 4hrs to encode then burn..
    It also taxes my CPU so much that the PC is cant cope with anything else.

So Ive got a copy of Power ISO -
    From what Ive read, you select the file (avi) then save it as a .iso.
    Then again from what I have read, using Nero Burning Rom - You burn image. This works (Burns using CD-ROM Mode 1, Joliet) for VCD Files.
    However at the end the disk doesnt play in any dvd players, as I can see the end result on the disk is "Video Files"

As you can tell the question is almost in two parts.

1- Can I speed the process up .avi to DVD wise and or -
    2- Is there a way of getting Power ISO to make a Image File that I can then use to create either a DVD or VCD?

Cheers for Looking and Thanks in Advance for any advice!

:)
    **Edited as someone had a moan!! **

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

are the avi file downloaded frome the net? if so how is the quailty? if you are using power iso if you right click and extract the mpeg segment from the avi file and thain burn to disk, if you have a dvix-dvd player you can just put the avi files on your cd, also if you want to put on dvd you could use convertxtodvd it is a great program, also how big are the files you are trying to convert? 700 mg? there could be many things that could cause your conversion time to be so long, multitasking is a big one,what are the stats of your system?