1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thread icon idea...

Discussion in 'AfterDawn feedback & suggestions' started by Morph416, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

Don't know if this would work here, but what would be really nice...is for the thread icon to change to a different one when the user posts in that thread. Be an easier way to keep track of the threads you're involved in (which for me is great, cuz I'm always unchecking the email notification box every time I post).

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

if you want to keep track, why bother unchecking the email notification? also, once you sign into AD, on the home page is a little link that says "list your forum posts," staring with the latest updates at the top. very easy system.

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

I tend to agree with auslander if you want to keep track don't uncheck the notification box.

4. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

I uncheck it for the opposite reason you guys keep them checked. I don't really need to have my inbox filled up to the rim with "yada yada yada thread on Afterdawn has been updated". First to check there, then come here?? Redundant.

I leave my email open to those that wish to use it, for site PMs..or other issues.

I'll check into using the "list your forum posts" and see if that fits....should if it does similar to having an icon change.

Ya know...just because you get used to a forum's way of doing things...doesn't mean the way it's being done is the most efficient. You've just gotten used to it, and may not be interested in a change...even if it could have been for the better! When most forums get off the ground, they do so quickly...get things up and running, then come back and fine tune them later. It's always a good thing to run thru an option posted...might be something there you can use in a much more productive manner. For me, it's come here, pick up where I've left off and keep going....not have to stop at the mail box, sift thru the hundreds of new emails to see which one's I've been thru...delete them, empty the trash...then come here and try to remember them all!!

:)