1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three hours to burn o_O

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ssj4_2004, Feb 24, 2007.

1. ssj4_2004

ssj4_2004 Member

Okay, I just bought A pioneer DVR-111D drive. To go along with my samsung for backing up games. Now, when I go to burn it on my SONY DVD-RW DL disc's. It goes VERY VERY slowly.

I'm using Xbox Backup Creator. And I set it to 2.4x speed. On my bros dvd writer it only took 45 minutes. And worked perfectly on my 360.

My drive has the 1.23 firmware on it, I believe. that's what it says in xbox backup creator.

I can't seem to figure it out. So far I'm almost 2 hours in my test burn, and it's only at 55 percent. What could make it go this slowly? I'm pretty sure that the 1.23 firmware is the newest...

What could it be?

2. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Put it on 4x it wont do n e harm i do it on 4x and there is a button before you burn that says verfy uncheck that and u shoud be good use image burn to burn ur games

3. ssj4_2004

ssj4_2004 Member

Hmm, but doesn't it always check AFTER it's been burnt?
    that's how it was with single layer disc's. I don't think that would be A problem.

And 4x speed would still take an hour and A half though. I will try A different burner after this though. Thanks!

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Take out the drive and set it from CS (Cable Select) or Slave to MASTER. Make it the Master drive on the Secondary IDE channel and problem will be solved.

5. ssj4_2004

ssj4_2004 Member

Its all figured out now thanks for the help :)

6. wabashman

wabashman Active member

you might want to upgrade the 111d FW to 1.29, people were having problem when they left it with the 1.23 but upgrading it solved the problem.

7. ssj4_2004

ssj4_2004 Member

Wow, Your right, there is newer firmware out there. I was googling A solution to my earlier problem. And I read that the 1.29 firmware was the newest. So, I just assumed that it was...

But sure enough, my firmware is indeed outdated.
    Here is A link to the newest firmware for the pioneer DVR-111D. If anyone else needs it: clicky!