1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three red lights of death, no warrenty 'voided'

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by brido84, Apr 24, 2007.

1. brido84

brido84 Regular member

I think I might have the three red lights of death, I have no warrenty 'voided' by me opening it what would be the best course of action?
    will microsoft fix it if i've opened it?

thanks for the help

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

yes, they will fix it, but it will cost you 140 bucks

3. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

i know its not right to do, but go buy a brand new one from walmart, CASH. then swap systems and bring it back. don't tell them the system doesn't work because then they will check it out, so just say you don't want it anymore and they will refund your money no questions asked. at least you know it is new and not a junk refurb from MS. hope this helps. and hope this doesn't violate any forum rules.

4. Arkadiy

Arkadiy Guest

My walmart checks the serial number :\

But I guess you can also switch the case to make it fit.

5. SEGA3

SEGA3 Guest

Its worth a shot but when u bring it in give a good resone y u gonna bring it in for example u wanna bring it back becuz ur looking to buy a playstation 3 not that its a good resone lol but any way use that

6. ricky3000

ricky3000 Member

No, you don't make up anything about the console you tell customer service the absolute truth about your system... It broke. This way no one is going to get burned from purchasing it. All Walmart is going to do is send it back to get a credit from Microsoft for the defected console. Microsoft and Walmart: Billionaires, me: nothing. Why should the average joe have to pay for the same console twice within a 3 yr. period. FYI I have done this twice already which means my 2nd.console also messed up. All I need to know is what causes it and when will it stop happening.

7. brido84

brido84 Regular member

I'm in UK has anyone here sent there console back to Microsoft in the UK?
    How much do they charge? (Think I've heard about 80 pound)
    Should I flash my drive firmware back to the original first?

8. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

up 2 u but u wil av 2 pay if u voided warranty m8 so u messed up big time

9. brido84

brido84 Regular member

What is up to me?
    Why have I messed up big time? I've flashed my drive so all my original disks are pristine, and installed a whisper fan so it is quieter and I’ve had an excellent experience until last week, I don't think that I or everyone else who have flashed their drive on this forum have 'messed up big time'.
    I know I'll have to pay because I voided my warranty, have you not read the other posts? What was the point of your post; it wasn't constructive or helpful and didn't answer any of my questions, thanks a lot scott2k7 you’ve done a real good job of winding me up.

10. AJ56

AJ56 Member

You can go on eBay. They have mobos with working keys. All yo have to do is take your drive, flash it with the key, and you should be good to go.

11. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest

no prob