1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

three red lights

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by krj15489, May 13, 2007.

1. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

ok i got my xbox fixed a few weeks ago and i got a 12 volt mod and i am using a fan stand. it has been running very cool and worked fine untill today. it froze and then gave me the three red lights. i dont think it is over heating because my xbox runs significantly cooler because of the 12 volt fans. is there anything else that can cause the three red lights?

2. Freh

Freh Member

What was wrong with it before you had it fixed? It still could be that it is overheating. If the heat doesn't get transferred from the chips to the heatsink then there is not much use in 12v-modding your fans. I suggest checking out this link. You might have the same problem. Don't open up your console if you don't know what you're doing though.

3. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

before i got it fixed it had overheating problems. the people that fixed it said that they soldered parts of the mobo and re applied thermal paste. so im not sure that article can help but i can always take a look. i havent open my xbox since i got it back but i probably should and see if i can fix anything.