1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Three separate titles onto one disc?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bergwald, Jan 18, 2007.

1. bergwald

bergwald Member

I have been using the free trial versions of AnyDVD (but am considering trying ripit4me), and CloneDVD 2. Also, I’m using DVD Shrink 3.2 and ImgBurn with good results but what I really want to do is compile one (4.7gb) multiple title disc (approx. six hours) from separate, single title discs AND maintain them as individual titles with one main menu displaying each individual title. I can’t figure out how to do this on CloneDVD 2. I haven’t tried InterVideo DVD Copy 5 Platinum yet, but it claims to do this.
    My questions are:
    1) Does ripit4me accomplish the same thing as AnyDVD?
    2) If so, will ripit4me and DVD Copy 5 Platinum work together?
    3) I am willing to purchase the program such as AnyDVD and DVD Copy 5 Platinum but free is good too. Any suggestions for freeware instead of AnyDVD & DVD Copy 5 Platinum?
    I greatly appreciate all those who take their time to help those of us new to this.
    DB

2. navskin

navskin Regular member

hi ther best way to put mutipul films on one disk is to use nero vission express 3 it lets you make your own menus and other stuff.
    you can download it off any torrent site or use a program to download if you get my drift.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Too much compression to start off with. Be realistic if you want decent picture quality. Most of us are happy to get one full length movie on a DVD5.
    1) Yes and more.
    2)Yes
    3)The RipIt4Me setup (DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, and RipIt4Me with FixVTS). http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

When you get a few movies done, then think about Rebuilder Pro for quality encoding. I have most of the top transcoders and some of the better encoders. Shrink is a good freeware that matches most retail. DVDCopy5 is my favorite transcoder. AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 work well together. AnyDVD does a good job of decrypting for a bunch of programs but there's conflicts with some software.

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

The compression will be awful be it can be done with Shrink. Here you go, just add as many titles as the program will allow. Pix quality will be bad, especially on large screen, but may be ok on small one??
    You may have to Shrink each movie first and save each file and then compile them together for one last Shrink. Using a DL disc and having Shrink create an ISO file to burn with IMGBurn or Decrypter, on the last encode, would help compression.

To do two movies on a 4.7 or 9 DL disc using Shrink

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/multiple_dvd_to_dvdr_dvd_shrink_page_3.cfm

Edit: You don't need to buy anything, but you would be flush if you did spring for AnyDVD it just makes everything work that won't now with encryptions. From slysoft.com try 21 day free trial. Ripit4me would be capable of ripping you files to open in Shrink! As would DVDFab Decrypter.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

About the only advantage I see to using AnyDVD is that it can decrypt on the fly. Since I rarely use that capability, it's not a big deal for me. RipIt4Me has been doing a better job than AnyDVD lately. Until just recently I used AnyDVD all the time, but since I've seen what a good setup RI4M is, I've started using it more.

7. bergwald

bergwald Member

I was using Nero Vision [part of free trial of Nero 7 Ultra] before it expired but can’t remember it allowing multiple titles. I do remember that Nero’s Producer would allow multiple titles and adding menus but without compression so I couldn’t get the desired [3] titles onto one disc.
    My Philips DVDR 3455H has done very well recording [from sat. system]in Super Long Play [SLP] at providing quality files, at least for me as I’m only using a CRT television. I don’t know what it would look like on a plasma TV, etc.
    Last night I downloaded DVD Rebuilder with my free trial of AnyDVD running. It seems to have worked perfectly…but did take just over 3 hours for [1] 8 gig. Disc.
    And finally a word of encouragement for those, like myself, who are/were until recently totally new to all of this. Read as many threads here as you feel you can digest, then read some more and don’t be afraid to try the many free trial versions of software available on AfterDawn. I feel I am moderately proficient with computers, at least until I read some of the posts here [which sometimes makes me feel like a beginner] and once you are more comfortable with certain common procedures and verbiage inherent in most of these programs this really does become easier. In the beginning I was overwhelmed and almost gave up but thanks to the many AfterDawn members, whose kind assistance seems to be limitless, I’ve reached a point that I’m excited and anxious to try something new and different rather than dreading it.
    DB

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Rebuilder is an excellent program. I own the Pro version and use it often. 8GB to a DVD5 will work okay. I've not tried compilations larger, but I've been told by others that pushing very far beyond that level can lead to quailty issues. Even a good encoder can only go so far. I don't think jdobbs had compressing by about 150% or more in mind when he created the program. Like I said before, 1 big DVD to one DVD5 is doing good. If you're just wanting to add DVDs together, try DVD2One, it has an attach feature.
    That is from About at http://www.dvd2one.com/?loc=about . I don't know how good their trial is. You can check the limitations, if listed, at the website. It's one of my programs I've not visited in a while. If you're into episodes, you may like this one. Another program you may want to check out is DvdReMake from DiMadSoft.