1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

THUG 2 Back up trouble

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by romance, Nov 15, 2004.

1. romance

romance Member

I've tried Alcohol 120 and DVD Decrypter and it gets errors about 70% through reading. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or why its not able to work?

2. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

romance what are the conditions of the game, they need to be mint, i usually dont rip games that are scratched , if they are i use a cotton swab with alcohol and pass it softly, if it looks good with very very few scratches then i try to rip it. Is your game an original or is it a download. Also, try running www.anydvd.com in the background while ripping, i always run it in the background and ive copied all my games including thug2 and had no coasters. On read speed on dd put it at a slow speed maybe 8-12x. It might be cuz its scratched, or maybe possibly ur burner need firmware update, what burner u got?

3. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

romance what are the conditions of the game, they need to be mint, i usually dont rip games that are scratched , if they are i use a cotton swab with alcohol and pass it softly, if it looks good with very very few scratches then i try to rip it. Is your game an original or is it a download. Also, try running www.anydvd.com in the background while ripping, i always run it in the background and ive copied all my games including thug2 and had no coasters. On read speed on dd put it at a slow speed maybe 8-12x. It might be cuz its scratched, or maybe possibly ur burner need firmware update, what burner u got? I use dvd decryptor to read AND write all the time, always works like a charm...

7 games backed up with no coasters, let me know.

One

4. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

romance what are the conditions of the game, they need to be mint, i usually dont rip games that are scratched , if they are i use a cotton swab with alcohol and pass it softly, if it looks good with very very few scratches then i try to rip it. Is your game an original or is it a download. Also, try running www.anydvd.com in the background while ripping, i always run it in the background and ive copied all my games including thug2 and had no coasters. On read speed on dd put it at a slow speed maybe 8-12x. It might be cuz its scratched, or maybe possibly ur burner need firmware update, what burner u got? I use dvd decryptor to read AND write all the time, always works like a charm...

One

5. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

One

6. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

One

7. SPIKISH

SPIKISH Guest

sorry bout the reply, im at my university and this pc blows ass , big ones....

8. romance

romance Member

The game is brand new no scratches. Its also the original disc. I haven't been able to burn it cause the problems i'm having are getting it onto my PC. ill try that site you gave me and see how that goes. thanks for the input.