1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiger Woods 2005 Freezing Problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by mapps, Sep 27, 2004.

1. mapps

mapps Member

i'm wondering if anyone could help me out here. i've backed up many games before and have no problems whatsoever, but this game (and even 2004 but not so bad) just won't play for me. it freezes constantly, mostly at the first black loading screen.

i tried both nero and dvd decrypter, i tried different brand dvd-r's, i tried different burning speeds, makes no difference. and when the game does make it to the menu the music is choppy. i just can't get this game to work! i burnt 4 coasters already, one thing i didn't try yet is not patching with the original disc id for online play. i use ps2nfo's patcher and it works for other games. i don't see how not patching would make any difference but it's the only thing i didn't try. however, i'd like some feedback to a possible solution before i waste more discs!

thanks!!

2. Djlai78

Djlai78 Member

I read on here that people are rebuilding the iso on this game. check out some older post you may find the same one I did.

3. mapps

mapps Member

thanks, but do you have a link to the specific thread about this game? i did a search and couldn't find anything.

4. mapps

mapps Member

i just finished rebuilding the iso to this game using the same method discussed in the star wars battlefront thread (i don't know if this was what you were talking about). after i get the iso done i burn it with nero and pop it in my ps2. first time around it seems everything is working great, game gets to menu without freezing the music isn't choppy and the gameface menu comes up (something that didn't before).

now, i go and try to play a game, alright, so it's just a little slow loading, so i think. frozen again. i give up. this is the ONLY game i can't backup. i don't understand why, tiger 2004, similar problems but more playable. is there ANYTHING left i can try? i wasted 5 discs already.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2004
  5. icerain2

icerain2 Member

I just burned tw2005 tonight...it is working fine for me but I had to turn my ps2 on its side so its vertical. Before I did this it wouldnt even load now it works perfect. Maybe this will help.

6. eddie5386

eddie5386 Member

What did u use to burn it icerain2?

7. mapps

mapps Member

i'm trying recordnow max right now. you have problems too eddie?

8. eddie5386

eddie5386 Member

i use DVD decrypter, instead of it making an image file though, it makes two files that end in .00 and .01

9. icerain2

icerain2 Member

I used nero to burn it. That is what I have been using to burn all my games it so far so good...if anyone has the disc ID utility could you please send it to me?

10. eddie5386

eddie5386 Member

i have no idea what i am suppose to do with these two files

11. cdjbasile

cdjbasile Guest

i burned this the other night it works fine, burned it to hard drive and burned it to a maxell dvd-r at 2x speed (which are on offer in safeways/morrisons at moment 10 for £10 boxed).any more info and i'll try and help. as this forum has been very imformative when i have needed something.

12. cdjbasile

cdjbasile Guest

by the way i used dvd decrypter, and i have a version 10 ps2