1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiger Woods 2005

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dorts1905, Sep 27, 2004.

1. dorts1905

dorts1905 Member

hi all,
    i am a newbie to backing up ps2 games. in fact i only started last week. i am using packard bell dvd-r media and burning at 1speed. all was going well until i tried to back up tiger woods 2005. the game loads okay, but takes aroung 3 minutes to load each hole. i can't figure out what the problem is, but i remember buying a backup of 2004 and the same thing happened to one of the copies. is this a common problem?? any advice will help

2. meta1

meta1 Regular member

This can be a problem when backing up games, some games work 100% perfect and others will suffer with a 40% run rate but will take a long time to load.

Your best bet is to look for a patch for this game, if non-exists you can either wait for a patch, play the game and wait a while for everything to load of you can play the original.

This is all the information I can give to you.

3. lynch190

lynch190 Guest

If anyone was the files for Tiger Woods 2005, ready to burn, Will they E-Mail them to me? PLZ!!!

email removed!! READ THE FORUM RULES ON PIRACY!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2004
  4. BushidoTW

BushidoTW Member

According to PS2Ownz, EA announced a total recall of the Tiger Woods 2005 game due to an "unprecedented disc production issue."

I didn't bother to get the DVD image from a retail disc or online, unless someone has been able to confirm the game works just fine all the way through.

Here's the news article: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56756

5. mugz

mugz Member

It has worked for me so far. I wish I knew what the actual problem was. That way I could check.

6. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

mine works fine... loads perfectly... i have the DVD iso...

7. harryking

harryking Guest

The problem occurs if you try to play a legend scenario or match against Seve Ballesteros.

If you try to play him then the loading screen freezes.

This means that you can't unlock Seve, and hence can't unlock Tiger Woods. I guess that's why they recalled it!

8. rj21

rj21 Regular member

hi
    could someone pls tell them what the disc size is on tiger woods 2005 as i cant do dvd9 and want to get the game but want to be able to back it up str8 away

9. HaZMaTiK

HaZMaTiK Guest

the game worked get for me i backup to ISO with dvdcrytper then i burned to DYNX dvd-r at 4x and has not giving me any problems only problem whitch is not that much of a problem is when me and step dad play for a few hrs when you win a trophy it takes awhile to get back to game play but hey thats prolly with all games that you play for more than 2hrs striaght

btw from what i know its not a DVD9 game but a DVD5 as i only got DVD5 dvdr's hope that helps
    |

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2004
  10. HatTrik24

HatTrik24 Regular member

I've burned tiger woods 2005 at it works perfect. Every match has worked fine. I play everday so i am pretty far to.

It is a normal size. Not DVD-9.

11. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

I'm pretty sure there aren't any DVD-9 games for PS2.

I'm having similar problems with TW 2005. It loads up but freezes when I try to play any game (scenario, world tour etc...) during that loading process.

12. DXIIRaZeR

DXIIRaZeR Member

I have the Tiger Woods 2005 for PC and need to do a format, is there any way to save my character and my progress in the game so I dont have to start over?

13. Slugger21

Slugger21 Member

i have it for gc, and after every round the damn thing gets stuck on a screen with everyone celebrating. this has happened with two different copies, so i don't know what to do. Help! please!

14. Cachorrao

Cachorrao Member

I don't have GC so I don't know how much I can help but there are some basic stuff to try.

#1 Make sure the bottom of your game is clean. You can buy a Non abrasive cloth that you can resuse, or go witht he one time lense cleaner sheets you use for camera lenses etc... More ofthen than not when you rent disks(I'm assuming this is the case since you said you had this problem with 2 different copies) are dirty as hell. Finger prints etc... This is something I do with every game or DVD I rent before I use them to keep my stuff clean.

#2 Make sure youe lense is clean on your GC. I would assume there is a product out there for this process. I have a PS2 so I just use a DVD lense cleaner. You'll have to most likely find a lense celaner specifically for the GC. More often than not this causes the problems. The lense gets dirty and causes problems. I run my lense cleaner after every 15hr or so of playing.

#3 Your problem could be that your memory card saved the game bad. I don't know if you had any cheats activated or used a cheat system like GS etc... but that may cause problems sometimes. If that's the case you're kind os out of luck and would have to start over.

That's about all I can think of. If you had said it was only 1 disk then I'd say maybe it's scratched adn it can't read the disk and is getting "stuck" as a result. But he chances of that happening on 2 seperate disks at the same spot is real doubtfull.

Hope this helps.