1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiger Woods Golf

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by davedumb, Oct 7, 2004.

1. davedumb

davedumb Guest

After backing up my tiger woods pga tour game I thought it worked fine. It's on DVD [1:1 nero copy] and you can access all parts of the frondend screen, can't seem to get into an actual game. Burnt it with Decrypter aswell all at 1x but still no good.

Gutted!!!!

2. knapptown

knapptown Member

I've had the exact same problem with the new Def Jam. I burnt it exactly the same way and can get all of the title screens except you can't get into and play the actual game. This was as of last night. I am going to play around with burn speeds and see if that doesn't fix it. That's where I think a lot of these problems happen is in the burn process/speeds. You shouldn't have to treat backing-up games any differently than you would a movie, so maybe increasing the burn speed may help fix it. It's like driving a ferrari in a school zone and the burner doesn't like the slow speeds. This is still just a theory in the making. I have a Sony Dual layer 8x burner but found that 2.4x-4x is ideal for my burner, for burning at 8x or too slow just makes unusable copies for the garbage man.

3. ndprunner

ndprunner Guest

I have the Same Prob

I got Tiger Woods 2005 and it went to back it up using nero 1:1 and it didnt work it just stalled at the loading screen

then i tried using dvd decrypter and i ripped the files to the hard drive. Then i patched for online play. now it will load but i can only go online.
    when i click "Play Tutorial" it stalls at the loading screen.

what should i try next
    i wanta play online

thanks
    steve

4. knapptown

knapptown Member

The only advice I can offer because my success so far has been severely limited is what I've read from others. I thought all you had to do was make sure you copy over the DNAS file(s) or something like that, but decrypter should do all of this for you. I would just like a backup to play rather than having to lip read def jam story mode.

5. ndprunner

ndprunner Guest

im not having a prob with patchign the game for online play
    its the actual burngin im having a prob with i think i need to update to the newest nero6 i heard it helps

other than that i can try the stat wars battlefront burning idea.

6. knapptown

knapptown Member

That's not a bad idea, I've been faithful to decrypter and hoping one day she pulls through with a proper backup. I'm tired of making coasters, but makes a nice x-mas gift. I've been playing around with burn speeds and seem to have more success burning around 2x. I've got the gameplay working fine, it is just movie/in-between scenes I'm having probs. with. I don't have a problem with this program and movies, just ps2 backups.

7. knapptown

knapptown Member

Is anyone here by chance using flip-top? If so, are you guys successful in backing up newer games??? I was told flip-top has a low success rate in playing backups, even lower for newer games. I thought that was more of the way to go??

8. ndprunner

ndprunner Guest

sry im not talking about flip flop i was just looking for ppl who have burn tw 2005

thanks
    steve