1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tiger Woods Golf

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by silk42, Feb 6, 2008.

1. silk42

silk42 Regular member

When I first bought my Wii, I played a lot of Tiger Woods Golf. I wasn't very good at it in the beginning, but as I learned how to control the swing, I obviously improved. I got to the point where I was driving the ball at 110% all the time. I maxed out on all of the skills. I could pretty much win every tournament I entered and I finally beat Tiger in Match Play. I only mention all of this for everyone to understand that I've played the game for probably 100's of hours.

Now for my issue. All of a sudden, I can no longer drive a ball 110%. In fact, it's usually around 90%. However, it'll jump around a lot, so it makes it really hard to judge which club to use, especially when trying to hit over water. I tried changing batteries, changing controllers, not playing the game for several days, etc... Nothing seems to make a difference. I didn't change anything in my swing, so I'm not sure what happened. It was so frustrating that I simply quit playing the game.

Has anyone else had this problem? I suppose it could be normal, such as a built-in AI that makes the game more difficult. I still use the same controllers for other games and I haven't noticed a difference. Anyone else have any ideas?

2. Oxadillia

Oxadillia Guest

Is it a backup of the game, or the original?

Also is your Wii making odd noises at all?

3. silk42

silk42 Regular member

It's the original game and I'm using an original Wii. I'm not sure which firmware is currently on it, but I update it every time a new one is available. Unfortunately, I don't know if I noticed the change just after an update. I figured if others had experienced this problem, then maybe there is a common cause.

4. sparkz197

sparkz197 Member

I had exactly the same problem. I also have another gripe about this game ('08 version). The putting is a complete nightmare. So many times the ball will stop just short of the hole, even if you hit it with slightly more power. This seems to get worse if you play the Tour mode. I don't mind a game being difficult, but it seems it was programmed to damned frustrating rather than difficult. I've given up with it.

5. silk42

silk42 Regular member

I tend to agree with you. The game should remain constant. If you're playing with a difficulty of easy, then it should remain easy, despite the fact that I may win every tournament. If I want more of a challenge, then I'll adjust the difficulty to advanced.

Basically, I just want to know if it's a problem with my controller or system, or if it's just a normal part of the game. Anyone else have this problem? By the way, I'm specifically talking about Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  6. juniR

juniR Guest

I don't think the physics engine in this game is that clever. Good game for a mess about over a few beers but not for serious gaming.

7. Oxadillia

Oxadillia Guest

Lots of updates could indicate lots of bugs...

It might mean that somehow they allowed bugs in, and that may be the problem. Updates that fix bugs may cause other bugs in doing so, and I think that when they sort it out it should be OK.

Or its just a bad game...

8. silk42

silk42 Regular member

The updates are for the firmware of the Wii. It adds new channels and stuff like that. I'm not aware of any updates for the game itself.

9. Oxadillia

Oxadillia Guest

Oh fair enough. Do you think that it could be a glitch? If so thats really bad on the developers half.

Maybe you should contact EA or something. (though I wouldn't hold much hope, as these kind of companies tend to have awful customer support)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2008