1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tigerD and Powerup DVD-Rs Canada

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jdam, Jul 17, 2003.

1. jdam

jdam Member

Ok Before i posted this i did some looking and couldn't find this brand anywhere else. I have use Retik for my good home movies i make on the AVID, but i want cheap media for my internet DVDs and normal DVDs.

I'm from Canada and was given a site that offeres cheap DVD-R media in Canada. Here are hte brand have anyone heard of them or comment of them before i buy.

1. PowerUp 50-Pack 1x DVD-R In Spindle
    Manufactured by: PowerUp
    Manufacturer Part No: E-DVD-R0150
    Shipping Weight: 2.0 pound CAD 44$

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicati...ls.asp?EdpNo=579058&Sku=I556-1000 P&CatId=405

Please let me know, i'm thinking that if i have major problems i can just call the compnay that sold them to me and ask for refund. But 44 CAD for 50DVD-Rs is really good.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

At CAD $44 you havent got much to loose. Would be interesting though to see their peformance.

3. Tosca

Tosca Guest

If you're going to use these cheapies to back up data (that is not all that important) then you do have nothing to lose.

For 44$ Canadian you can get 50 cheap dvdrs for data back up

or

if they all turn into coasters then you have paid for two lessons,
    1) "you get what you pay for"
    and
    2)"Caveat emptor"

4. jdam

jdam Member

Ya true, You do get what you pay for, but never heard of powerups and did a search to see, almost nothing at all. I might give them a try and post the results