1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time For a New Montior

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by aabbccdd, Feb 22, 2005.

1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Guys looking for a new montior i do play alot of online games need a 19 or 21 inch.looking at View Sonic seems pretty good but can decide between a CRT or a LCD the LCD have come along way but do you guys think i should stick with the CRT since iam gaming? and if i get a LCD is 16ms respone time ok or should it be lower?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

nephilim replied in a post about that question & i think he said there was no problem with the lcd. if buying from a computer store see if can put 2 identical computers side by side with a lcd & crt monitors playing the same game or whatever. let your eyes see the difference as your the 1 who is going to use/see it

3. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Pixel Pitch: 0.294 19" LCD

Pixel Pitch: 0.270 21.3" LCD

Pixel Pitch: 0.264 17" LCD

(Lower is better of course.)

Keep these in mind for clarity along with your ms rates. You will find when you shop that almost every 19" will have .294PP, as well as every 17" LCD will have .264PP as well as every 21.3" will have .270 PP.

If you are used to a quality CRT, it will be an adjustment to go to the LCD but will be worth it in the end, especially on your eyes.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005