1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time Frame to copying

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jayscott, Jan 28, 2007.

1. jayscott

jayscott Member

I am copying previously backed up games with nero.

A. Are unrecoverable read errors an indicator that the copy is bad and not going to work? They will ultimately finish but that is after roughly 2 hours.

B. Should it take 2 hours to 'disc copy' an already burned game with nero 6.6.0.14???

2. hursty

hursty Active member

sounds like you are using cheap disks,that probably didnt burn properly in the first place
    use dvd decrypter instead
    a straight read/write,assuming a burn speed of x4,should take on average,about 20 mins

3. steimy

steimy Active member

no way you should get read errors or that it should take 2hrs

It would take about 20-30 minutes from start to finish with DVD Decrypter to copy from the first disc and burn it onto the second.
    Read at the slowest speed and burn at 4X

4. jayscott

jayscott Member

I am using Taiyo Yuden 8X discs discs as recomended here and I am using dvd decrypter on a 4X setting. My sony DRU710A burner has the latest firmware and updates. I have copied probably 600 movies with this burner with no problems. Also, games like tony hawk project 8 and resident evil outbreak burned and copied just fine. 50 Cent had to undergo iso buster. The first pass seemed to go fine it was copying the original that was the problem. Also, the copies or copies eventually finish. It just takes hours.

Thanks

5. steimy

steimy Active member

something has to be wrong in your burner settings or something because it should not take more than 30 minutes

only time i had that problem is when i had a burner hooked up on the wrong IDE cable in my system. It has two but one of them can not use a slave drive, so when i had it hooded on that IDE cable as a slave a game took 3 hours to copy. Although they did work.
    i had a Sony DRU-700A an it would do games in about 20-30 minutes normally.

6. jayscott

jayscott Member

Thanks for the thoughts, but there is no issue here. Everything is wired correctly. I built this maching from scratch. Games like Tony Hawk and Resident evil outbreak copied in about 30 minutes. I have also backed up probably 200 movies with this configuration with no errors. I am thinking it is the game 50 cent...as I had to use ISO buster in the original process.

Any thoughts.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

so you are not actually just burning it, but rebuilding the ISO?
    using ISO buster to extract the files and then Nero Burning Rom to burn the disc.

I have not rebuilt a game in so long that i do not remember how long it took. But i know some things that Nero does, like transcoding an AVI file to a video-TS file, it takes forever to get done.

8. jayscott

jayscott Member

Thanks, the funny thing is that the first go around in using ISO buster was not bad the total time was maybe 40 minutes. Maybe my rookie mistake is that after using ISO buster and DVDdecrypter to burn the first copy I assumed that all I had to do for the second was just nero copy it. So I put copy number 1 in the tray and selected disc copy. This is what took so long. Is this correct or not?