1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time Frame

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by AzFordMan, Feb 22, 2005.

1. AzFordMan

AzFordMan Guest

Hello Al Hav been reading here for awhile.My question is this.I use clone DVD to copy my movie to folder and then use Nero 6.6 ultra to burn it and it take like 4 hours for the whole process.I can't copy a ISO file bigger then 4 gig.I have a toshiba dual layer writer that does all formats.I am running windows ME with amd 1400 and 512 ddr.I have read some stuff and was wonder if there is something I can do to speed it up.I am also trying to get info on backing up ps2 games.Any help would be great.Thanks again

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The GOOD CloneDVD by Elaborate Bytes can burn your project too. No need for Nero. If you have the OTHER CloneDVD then my suggestion is to switch.

About the game backups, scroll down towards the bottom of the forum start page and you will find several forums on the different game systems.

You might also want to check that your burner drive is set to DMA in your device manager. If its set to PIO it will take forever.

Jerry

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  3. AzFordMan

AzFordMan Guest

Thanks Jerry I checked the setting in device manager and found the DMA box is not checked.I didn't see a option for PIO.Would it be better to just download a different program?it seems that DVD Decryptor is the program of choice here

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Go into your device manager, expand the IDE controllers and check both the primary and secondary. Under advanced settings you should be able to set them to DMA. If they won't change, remove the IDE controllers from the list--reboot and let Windows reinstall them properly to DMA.
    Decrypter is a good program to have but I think you will still have the time problem if the system isn't set right. I have a computer set up just for burning dvds with almost the same processor and ram. DVD5 movies take me about 30 minutes, DVD9 movies take 1 hr or less depending on movie length.

Jerry