1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Time limit?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jimmy91x, Apr 4, 2005.

1. jimmy91x

jimmy91x Member

I just got a question i want to ask. Does a dvd-r have a specific time limit? I used tmpgenc dvd authoring software to create a dvd that contains vcds and i could watch the first 4 episodes with our dvd player but after those 4 episodes (120 mins), the dvd player just kept jumping all the chapters (1 episode each chapter). Is this because there is a time limitation to a dvd or is it because it didn't have enough space when i burnt the dvd. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

go inside the dvd files and click all vobs and play them see if there on disc?

but i think it it occurs at end its media used may not be great!

3. jimmy91x

jimmy91x Member

well i did check the vob files and i could play them alright. I tried the dvd again on my other dvd player and i could get to chapter 7 through fast forwarding but i couldn't get to chapter 8 and i couldn't go to chapters after that either. I could select chapters 1 - 4 through menu but the dvd player freezes when i select any other chapter or skip to next chapter button.

I don't really understand when you said "i think it it occurs at end its media used may not be great!" Sorry rotary i'm not really that smart about these kind of stuff. Thanks for your help anyway :)

Any other help would be appreciated. :D

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What Rotary was trying to say is that the brand name of the blank DVD media you used is questionable. In other words poorly made where when it gets closer to the end of the disk is where you will have more problems. If you buy quality media you probably wouldnt have these problems anymore.

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

thx BB thats what i meant...but sometimes im in a rush and my reply gets all over the place...

but! yes cheap bad disc i had this with a 20 odd chapters i think it was but get to say 10 and the disc sucked! this was bulkpaq prodisc i think? and then i used the exact same files on ritek go5 and the same files played perfectly!