1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timid PSP user

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by heshere, Dec 3, 2007.

1. heshere

heshere Member

Hi all,

I'm currently considering to buy a PSP. I've been reading up on the forums and discovering the ways and abilities of the PSP through CFWs and Homebrew apps. I would buy a PSP just for these features but.....
    I'm scared!!

But really I've got a few questions:

1). Which PSP is easy/better to use with Pandora/Homebrew? Original or Slim?

2). I've read the forums but am still a bit unsure... Does Pandora/Homebrew require any sort of Soldering?

3). How easy is it to brick?

4). How wasy is it to recover/unbrick?

5). A little confused about the Pandora battery technique... Do I need 2 PSPs and 2 PSP batteries?

Thanks in advance for the replies (if any). Hope to enjoy a long stay on afterdawn.com.

2. General_G

General_G Member

1) The original PSP is easier to mod, but some would say the Slim is better, because much homebrew uses a D-Pad, and the original d-pad is slightly more than garbage.

2) Homebrew doesn't doesn't require soldering. There are many ways around the soldering required for Pandora.

3) Not very easy anymore. There is a way to reverse the brick, using Pandora's battery again.

4) Very easy if you keep your Pandora's battery and memory stick made in Pandora format.

5) No, there is a thing called a Multi-IPL loader with which you can boot normally or into Pandora mode, so you only need 1 set.

3. carp940

carp940 Guest

May I suggest you buy a PSP with CFW already on it off Ebay. I see one or two for sale everyday there. You say you're timid, modding isn't for everyone, this might be the best way. I've seen CFW PSPs on there go for $80 all the way up to $150.

4. heshere

heshere Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Looking at the slim PSP, Daxter combo.

Another question:

There are so many PSP game rips available... How are they ran/executed from the memory card?

5. carp940

carp940 Guest

Just put them in the ISO folder on the MS, start the PSP, go to GAMES--->memory card then the games should come up.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2007
  6. heshere

heshere Member

Thanks again.