1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tip: Getting incomplete mp3's to work in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by Oll2, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oll2

Oll2 Member

I was torrenting an audio CD with no seeds, only leeches. The files of the cd were all about 99.7% complete, and no one was seeding for about 4 days. I got impatient and stopped downloading.

The files, according to the file tab in uTorrent, were only missing slivers of information at the beginning and ends of some tracks, in theory the songs would play all the way through(except the few seconds or milliseconds at the beginning or end). So I tried to load them into iTunes.

The problem I encountered was that only a few of them would load into iTunes. After a few hours research my only solution was mp3 patchers, and the files that wouldn't load, still wouldn't load into iTunes.

Then, I found that if you can load the files with Quicktime, you can then export those files as .mp4's. File>export(check only audio, then click OK or continue). The .mp4's worked perfect in iTunes!

If you like to have uniform file types, you can then convert the .mp4's into .aiff or .mp3 formats via iTunes as well.

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

(except you just admitted to piracy on a forum where piracy is not allowed

3. Oll2

Oll2 Member

Torrenting is not piracy.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

yes it is. closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.