1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tmpenc : avi to DVD conversion problems (sync)

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by nkuperw, Mar 12, 2003.

1. nkuperw

nkuperw Guest

Hi, I have a bunch of .avi files that i'm trying to convert to DVD compliant mp2. I'm using tmpenc to do the encoding and i'm getting an m2v file and .wav file. When I try to author a vob file using ifoedit (for testing), the result is that the video seems to be sped up relative to the audio. At the end, the video is done, but the audio is still going at realtime
    Has anyone had this problem or can someone inform me as to what i'm doing wrong?

thanks in advance

Nick

2. isomaster

isomaster Member

did you say you got a m2v file and a wave file i have authored a few avi's in ifoedit and usually i get from tmpgenc an mp2 file but then i rename to mpa extension and put that in ifoedit it works great audio is in sync perfectly

end up with m2v and mp2 files from tmpegenc just remove the 2 from mp2 and add an a then author

hope that helps

graham

3. nkuperw

nkuperw Guest

hi, yes i get those two. However, (i may be a bit crazy) but wav audio should be uncompressed while mp2 (m2a) are compressed mpeglevel 2 audio and i feel that the quality is a bit less. I've authored m2v and wav files before with no problem. I've also done the renaming extension that you've said and it does work, but i was curious as to why i can't do the same with wav files. I'm wondering if it's due to the frame rate. The video sourse is 24 fps. Is tmpenc recoding at 29 fps (in essence, speeding up the video) and keeping the audio at real time (which would be 29 fps)?
    If I have to work with m2a, that would be okay, but i'm just wondering (more for theory than anything else).

thanks