1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPG dvd author 1.6 looses paritial sound

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by weng, Jun 8, 2007.

1. weng

weng Member

Hi, I have been using IMTOO to convert from avi to mpeg then tmpg dvd author 1.6 to put in menus and burn to dvd for ages now.
    Just lately I have had a problem with the sound.
    All looks good and works great when it plays on the tv/dvd player but then half way thru just one of the episodes or just part way into a movie around 10 minutes of the sound disappears.
    This last for 10 mins or so then it comes back. It will only happen in one of 9 episodes on a disc or just part way into a movie.
    I have been using this program for over a year and no worries now this happens.
    I have un and reinstalled the program..didnt help.
    I am stumped..help please!!
    I love this program its so easy to use and its relatively fast so I really dont want to change to anything else.
    cheers

2. attar

attar Senior member

It's certain that the MPEG is good?

3. weng

weng Member

Yes the mpeg is good. It happens no matter what files I use. I haven't checked but it seems to happen around the same time into each disc, regardless of the files being used. Its happened with a lot of different mpeg files. I have tried the same files in IMTOO avi to dvd and the sound was fine, but I don't like the menu setup on that program. I'm comfy with tmpg dvd and would rather fix the problem.

4. attar

attar Senior member

Are output files from TMPGenc ok before burning?

5. weng

weng Member

Yes the files are fine before going into tmpg dvd author. I can watch them on the computer with sound or I can watch on tv in avi format without encoding and the sound is fine as well.

6. attar

attar Senior member

I meant after Author has output them to DVD file format, but before burning.

Have you tried another burning program ('ImgBurn')?

http://www.imgburn.com/

Run ImgBurn
    Mode > 'Build'
    Output > 'Device'
    File > 'Browse for Folder', highlight on the 'VIDEO_TS' folder, > 'OK'
    Click the green write button.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  7. weng

weng Member

Same thing before burning - (after encode, before burn) . It seems to be in the encoding process somehow. I tried disconecting internet and antivirus and all other running programs but it still does it.
    I have tried other programs as I said before IMTOO avi to dvd works fine but I wanted to get this one working again.
    Its got me stumped. I cant work it out. Seems to be 20 to 30 minutes into the encode process that it happens. Only lasts for about 10 or 20 minutes (viewing time) then the sound comes back.

8. attar

attar Senior member

All I can think of is the AC3 plugin is acting up.It's either under 'About' or 'Environmental Settings' that say that it's available?
    Maybe a reinstall of Author.