1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPG is encoding really crappy! :(

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by tapped, Jan 2, 2003.

1. tapped

tapped Guest

Why is the quality of my projects so crappy? Whenever there is motion in the film you can see it glitch. I followed the article on creating a svcd file from a dvd. Obviously I'm doing something wrong and need a little help before I attempt to encode for another 5 hours..._X_X_X_X_X_[small][mtg]tapped[/small]

2. wheelerdr

wheelerdr Member

use rempeg works great but some movies glich with remuxing with ifoedit95

3. jamlit

jamlit Guest

Try going to the web site show below. There is realy easy to use software and a simple to use guide for making dvd back ups. This software uses tmpeg which seems to gice good quality.
    I have been uses it for a couple off years now and I am happy with it considering that it is so simple to use. If you are burning your back-ups in vcd format to play on a stand only dvd player, you may find the movies are jumpy at times. I built a computer tower with a dvd drive and a video card which supports tv out. This way I can play all my back-ups ( which I save as mpeg's ) and my dvd's when ever i want. Hope this was some help. Email me if you have any question. I am not a pro, but been at it for a while. There is alot of info and software out there.

http://go.to/vcdgalaxy

4. memcco

memcco Regular member

try using dvd2svcd. it works great for me.